latest comments

Review: Secrets in the Snow

Monday, September 19, 2016

Secrets in the Snow by Michaela MacColl


Release Date: October 4, 2016
Publisher: Chronicle Books
Source: Publisher
Format: eARC
Pages: 288
Amazon  |  Goodreads

Secrets in the Snow: A Novel of Intrigue and Romance
This is the fourth of Michaela MacColl’s Novels of Intrigue and Romance. This one is centered around Jane Austen—one of the world's most beloved authors who lived in a time with particular appeal to historical fiction enthusiasts.

Jane Austen’s family is eager to marry her off. Coming from a family of little means, it is the only way she can be assured of a comfortable future. Jane is much more interested in writing her novels, and finds every suitor lacking in one way or another. That is, until the mysterious Mr. LeFoy arrives on the scene. 

But when her cousin is suspected in aiding the French, England’s enemy, Jane is suddenly sidetracked trying to prove her cousin’s innocence, solving a murder, and ultimately facing a decision that might just cost her true love.

Michaela MacColl has once again intertwined the facts of a beloved author’s real life with a suspenseful fictional tale that will not only have readers on the edges of their seats but also, like Jane, debating right versus wrong, family versus independence, and duty versus love.


I am a big time Jane Austin fan, I blame it on my Mom, she started me young! haha So naturally, I was really eager to read Secrets in the Snow. The main character is a young Jane Austen who finds herself knee deep in a lot more than snow! Jane is caught between a rock and a hard place, the government wants her aid in gathering intel on her cousin, while she is dead set on proving that her beloved cousin isn't a french spy. Ack! She does it all while writing, solving a murder, and ensnaring the mysterious Mr. LeFoy to fall in love with her! I don't know how she does it.

This book was a huge home run for me! I love Jane Austen, literary characters, historical romance, espionage, mysteries, and this had it all! I am so delighted with this book and I found it really fun and entertaining!

French spies, a murder, ... seriously so much awesome in one book! The author stayed true to what you would imagine the spirit of a young Jane Austen to be and I found it really entertaining. I loved this book and I  read it from cover to cover in one day! It was a delicious historical tale full of espionage and intrigue and I think Jane Austen fans will be delighted!

 













Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website