latest comments

Review: The Cabin

Friday, September 2, 2016

The Cabin by Natasha Preston

Release Date: September 6, 2016
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Source:  Publisher
Format:  eARC
Pages:  336
Amazon  |  Goodreads


The Cabin
There may only be one killer, but no one is innocent in this new thriller from Natasha Preston, author of The Cellar and Awake.

When Mackenzie treks to a secluded cabin in the woods with six friends, she expects a fun weekend of partying, drinking, and hookups. But when they wake to find two of their own dead and covered in blood, it's clear there's a killer among them.

As the police try to unravel the case, Mackenzie launches her own investigation. Before long secrets start to emerge, revealing a sinister web of sins among the original seven friends. The killer is still free. Every one of them is a suspect. And Mackenzie starts to realize that no one is innocent…



I was super duper excited to read The Cabin, the minute I got the email that I was approved for the eARC, I set up camp and dove in. The synopsis sort of had a "And Then There Were None" kind of feel, but in a cabin in the woods and insert teens. I'm totally in! Also on a side note, I love the creepy cover with the rose and the cob webs . . . YASSSSSSSS!

So the book centers around our main character Mackenzie who finds herself in an awkward situation. She really doesn't get along with her best friend's boyfriend, but then again, no one does. In an attempt to bring everyone back together, she agree's to go on a camping trip with her friends, organized by her best friend and Mr. Evil himself. During their first night in the cabin everyone gets drunk and when Mackenzie awakens she is shocked to discover her best friend and her boyfriend murdered in the kitchen. With everyone locked in for the night, that means one of them had to be the murderer!

So I have to admit that throughout the book, I really liked all of the character's minus the one I refer to as Mr. Evil. lol I was convinced that no one there was capable of such a heinous murder, and was really hoping it was an outsider, or was it? Oooo

Anyways...this was a really fast paced story and I enjoyed reading it. The ending felt a little rushed for me but it didn't keep me from enjoying the story.

 

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website