latest comments

The False Princess

Saturday, September 10, 2011

The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal
Release Date: January 25, 2011
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 336
Format: Hardcover
Source: Borrowed from the Library
Intrest:
Challenge: 2011 Reading Challenge, and YA Debut Author Challenge
Buy the Book:
http://www.amazon.com/False-Princess-Eilis-ONeal/dp/1606840797/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315680167&sr=8-1


  Princess and heir to the throne of Thorvaldor, Nalia's led a privileged life at court.  But everything changes when it's revealed, just after her sixteenth birthday, that she is a false princess, a stand-in for the real Nalia, who has been hidden away for her protection.  Cast out with little more than the clothes on her back, the girl now called Sinda must leave behind the city of Vivaskari, her best friend, Keirnan, and the only life she's ever known.

Sinda is sent to live with her only surviving relative, an aunt who is a dyer in a distant village. She is a cold, scornful woman with little patience for her newfound niece, and Sinda proves inept at even the simplest tasks.  But when Sinda discovers that magic runs through her veins - long-suppressed, dangerous magic that she must learn to control - she realizes that she can never learn to be a simple village girl.

Returning to Vivaskari for answers, Sinda finds her purpose as a wizard scribe, rediscovers the boy who saw her all along, and uncovers a secret that could change the course of Thorvaldor's history, forever.

A dazzling first novel, The False Princess is an engrossing fantasy full of mystery, action, and romance.



I will admit that when I picked this book up at my local library, I wasn't expecting much. I especially was not expecting to fall totally in love with it! But fall in love I did!

This book captivated me, and I found myself unable to put it down! I read the entire book in one day! Which is a feat, as anyone who knows me well, knows that I am quite a slow reader!


This book has a little bit of everything! A royal princess, magic, deciet, adventure, friendship, and love.  It captivates you from the very begining, and holds your attention to the very end. I found myself biting my nails ( litteraly) at times, and constantly wondering what happenes next, and shocked when it did.

Set in Thorvaldor, Sinda has led a privelaged life as Nalia the princess. Shortly after her sixteenth birthday Sinda finds out she is not the true princess, Nalia, but instead the false princess, and her true name Sinda! A prophecy had been given, after Nalia's birth, revealing that she would die before her sixteenth birday. Afraid for her life, and the heir to the throne, her parents, the king and queen of Thorvaldor, have her safely hidden away, so they think! They switch Nalia, for baby Sinda, and raise her as the princess. Image her shock after 16 years, to find out she is not only a false princess, but has no mother and father at all, and is cast out from the castle, after fulfilling her duty to the throne, and risking her life!


SInda, is sent away to live with her only living relative, her Aunt, in a small village. There Sinda quickly finds that she doesn't fit in, not with her aunt, or anyone! All alone, with no friends, Sinda must learn to work and earn her place. Her training as a princess, and future queen, not preparing her for her true life! Sinda quickly learns that she has inherited something from her mother, the gift of magic!

Seemingly out of control, Sinda leaves her aunt's home and takes up residence with a wizard in another village. A bit of a misfit, the wizard sets about teaching her how to control her magic. Something Sinda feels she will never master! And this is when the adventure really begins!

I won't give away anymore, because I know you are dying to read it! I will just say that this is a truly captivating book that you won't be able to resist! It is full of romance, intrigue, mystery, lies and deciet, a secret map and a hidden passage, a princess ( or is she?) and so much more! Full of twist and turns that will keep you guessing right to the very end! I hope you will enjoy reading this book as much as I did! It is now one of my all time favorites! I can't wait to purchase this one, and add it to my collection!


Eilis O'Neal wrote a stunningly captivating debut novel! I truly hope that I will be reading more about Sinda in the near future, and can't wait to read more books by Eilis!

8 comments :

  1. Ok I've had this book for a while (false princess) and I didn't really like the cover so I put it aside,,but if it's as good as you say then I'll bump it yo my tbr list for sure,

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I was in the exact SAME boat! I had the book sitting on my shelf for months before I read it! I think the title attracted me to it, but I found the cover art somewhat lacking. Just didn't attract my attention. Beingthe cover whore that I am! lol So I put it off for a really long time. I am sooo glad I FINALLY picked it up and read it though! Ugh this is making me want to re read it all over again! lol I hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, if talking about it is making you want to reread it then you seriously love it. ahhh so much books i need to read and uni started so i barely have time!! and so many new shows starting :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh I know!!! I'm afraid I've missed sooo many! I tuned in the other night for what I tought was the FIRST episode of The RIger. LOVED IT! But sadly it was the SECOND one and I have missed sooo much!!! *sighs* I wish I had tivo! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. there are way too many shows. Actually watching modern family now, after that i want to continue watching ringer ep2. Then will have to finish my book and review it because i need to move on! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard moden family is reeally good but i've never watched it yet! I'll have to netflix it so I can get caugh up! What book are you readng atm? I am reading Withering Tights! Its adorable, and has a super cute cover! Of course! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. im reading where i belong by gwendolyn heasley, but i got an ebook by the author of remembrance right now via twitter so im going to read it right now. Think about getting a twitter and following new YA authors. They help alot in publicizing your blog, they give you their ebooks for free sometimes and you can even do an interview on your blog featuring them later on! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh that is BRILLIANT! I will have to set up a twitter asap! :)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website