latest comments

Audio Review: Starters (Starters and Enders #1)

Friday, June 7, 2013

Starters(Starers and Enders #1) by Lissa Price
Release Date: March 13, 2012
Publisher: Listening Library
Format: Audio Cd
Source: Borrowed from the Library
Length:
Cds:
GoodReads | Amazon


Starters


Callie lost her parents when the Spore Wars wiped out everyone between the ages of twenty and sixty. She and her little brother, Tyler, are on the run, living as squatters with their friend Michael and fighting off renegades who would kill them for a cookie. Callie’s only hope is Prime Destinations, a disturbing place in Beverly Hills run by a mysterious figure known as the Old Man. He hires teens to rent their bodies to Enders—seniors who want to be young again. Callie, desperate for the money that will keep her, Tyler, and Michael alive, agrees to be a donor. But the neurochip they place in Callie’s head malfunctions and she wakes up in the life of her renter, living in her mansion, driving her cars, and going out with a senator’s son.

     It feels almost like a fairy tale, until Callie discovers that her renter intends to do more than party—and that Prime Destinations’ plans are more evil than Callie could ever have imagined. . . .

 At first I was really annoyed with this audio and nearly gave up halfway into the first disc. I found the narrator's voice to be a boring monotone through nearly the entire first disc, which was just... boring. After a while though things started picking up and by disc 2 I was totally hooked!

I had heard such good things about this book when it came out, but to be honest, the cover totally creeped me out and I never gave it the time of day. The story was truly incredible and now I'm dying for more!!! I can't even imagine living as an unclaimed minor, with little to no food. Desperate to care for herself and her brother, Callie answers an ad from Prime Destinations. There they rent out the bodies of young teens, to seniors who are desperate to be young again. There Callie becomes a "donor" in an effort to support herself and her brother Tyler. But things take a nasty turn for Callie when she accidently stumbles upon Prim Destinations true operation!

This book was part sci-fi, part dystopian, part spy/espionage and I LOVED it! Starters is a story that will really suck you into it's tangled web and not let you go. This was such an enjoyable read and I highly reccomend it!

The audio itself was ... pretty boring due to the reader. But by disc 2 I guess the narrator got into the hang of it, and it really got better. From there on in, I was hooked! I highly reccomend this book, and in spite of how the audio started off, I recommend it too!

5 comments :

  1. As the аdmin of this sіtе is working, no questiοn very soon it will be
    famous, due to its qualіtу contents.

    Look at mу website ... Lloyd Irvin

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover was SO creepy….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was!!!! It totally kept me from reading this for WAY too long!

      Delete
  3. I read the physical copy of this and it sounds like that was a good choice. If I'm not enjoying the narrator it can really make me not enjoy a book that I otherwise probably would have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a tricky thing with audio bokos. You never know! And if you get the audio first, it can ruin the book for you, even if its a great one!

      Delete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website