latest comments

Review: Reboot

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Reboot (Reboot #1) by Amy Tintera
Release Date: May 7th, 2013
Publisher: Harper Teen
Format: Adanced Reader Copy
Source: Publisher
Pages:352
GoodReads | Amazon
 

Reboot (Reboot, #1)



Five years ago, Wren Connolly was shot three times in the chest. After 178 minutes she came back as a Reboot: stronger, faster, able to heal, and less emotional. The longer Reboots are dead, the less human they are when they return. Wren 178 is the deadliest Reboot in the Republic of Texas. Now seventeen years old, she serves as a soldier for HARC (Human Advancement and Repopulation Corporation).

Wren’s favorite part of the job is training new Reboots, but her latest newbie is the worst she’s ever seen. As a 22, Callum Reyes is practically human. His reflexes are too slow, he’s always asking questions, and his ever-present smile is freaking her out. Yet there’s something about him she can’t ignore. When Callum refuses to follow an order, Wren is given one last chance to get him in line—or she’ll have to eliminate him. Wren has never disobeyed before and knows if she does, she’ll be eliminated, too. But she has also never felt as alive as she does around Callum.

The perfect soldier is done taking orders.

 
 I know there is a huge number of zombie loving fans out there, but I personally have never been one. Despite that, I didn't hesitate to pick up this book and I'm so glad that I dove right into it! Reboot is a phenominal zombie post apocoloptic debut!

The story takes place in the republic of Texas ( eek!!!) and it kept me biting my nails and furiously turning pages. The main character Wren, aka 178, is a soldier with the longest reboot time. For Reboots, the longer your out, the less human emotion you have. Or so the story goes. . . Wren is a tough, fiercly strong, super soldier. She can break every bone in your body in mere seconds and feel no emotion about it. She is the best of the best. But her life will forever change the day she meets Callum.

Ohhh Callum, my oh my, how I love thee! haha He was seriously amazing! I know his character is written as the "weak" one being a 22, but he was so strong in so many ways. I love how he held to his principles and didn't became some ruthless zombie droid. He asked too many questions and challenged Wren in only a way that he could get away with. He was so sweet and caring, and I absolutely adored his character! I love how he meshed with Wren and brought out different parts of her that even she didn't know she had.

This is definitely one of my all time favorite reads of the year! It's an action packed original story with a beating heart at the center of it all. It's the perfect combo of action, friendship and love. Tintera did a fantastic job writting such a vivid tale that really came to life. I highly recommend this one!

4 comments :

  1. HATE zombies but I loved Callum and loved the dynamic of his relationship with Wren. And the zombies weren't too creepy, so I was okay with that part too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a chance to read the sneak peek of this a few weeks ago, and it sounds so good! I actually have the full book right now but I have to make time to read it. Hopefully after I'm done reading the 5th Wave! I can't wait to read more about Callum! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your really going to like it! How is the 5th Wave? I've heard amazing things about it, but I just haven't been motivated to read my copy. :(

      Delete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website