latest comments

Nail Your Books (2)

Monday, May 21, 2012



Hello Lovelies~

Nail Your Books is an original feature that I created to show off off some awesome book related nail ideas! It can be anything from a book inspired design to a really cute matching nail polish. This feature combines my love of both books and nail polish. Some people match their nails to their outfit, I match mine to my books!



For Darkness Shows the Stars


This week's edition of Nail Your Books was inspired by For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund. The story was incredible, and is a modern/sci-fi retelling of Jane Austen's Persuaision. What girl doesn't heart Jane Austen? The cover is totally stunning, so it's of no wonder that this book totally inspired me!

The Supplies

Seche Clear, Crystal Clear Base Coat
Finger Paints in Black Espressionism
Wet N Wild, Fast Dry Nail Color in Party of Five Glitters
Hard Candy nail color in Matte-ly In Love

First start off by applying a good base coat. I like Seche Clear which you can buy at Sally's Beauty Supply. Then apply one coat of Finger Paints nail color in Black Expressionism, also found at Sally's. You can use any black nail polish you have on hand. This one is my favorite because it is a TRUE black and you only need one coat for great coverage! Next apply one coat of Wet N Wild nail color in Party of Five Glitters. Then voila! You can either add a clear top coat, or you can spice things up and add a matte-ifying top coat. It looks great both ways, but I really loved it with one coat of Hard Candy in Matte-ly In Love, which you can pick at your local Wal-Mart!

Clear Top Coat

It's cute and sparkly with just a clear top coat on top. 


Matte Top Coat



This was by far my favorite of the two. It was a nice change up from all the bright and sparkly stuff I do. haha I think next time I try this I'll use a glitter polish with smaller chunks of glitter. I really like Mask-a-rade by Picture Polish. I am pinning away for it, but alas I am a girl on a serious budget!

So what do you think of my book inspired mani? Will you be trying this one out? I'd love to know! So make sure you leave me some comment love and don't forget to stop back by tomorrow for my review on For Darkness Shows the Stars.

Happy Reading!

14 comments :

  1. Awesome nails hon!! And OMG! Congrats on over 300 followers!! Totally jealous of For Darkness Shows the Stars. Can't wait to read your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read this book. Love the nails.
    You know another nail design for this that would have been awesome. The Galaxy one!! =D
    I am going to start doing this one with you. hehe~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The galaxy one is cute, but didn't match perfectly. What DID is using one of the fleckie top coats over black and THEN the matte on top. *sigh* I couldn't find my bottle though so i had to use regular glitter. Oh well...maybe next time!

      Delete
  3. What a cuteness post!!! I admit I'm not a "nail painter" but I love this post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks Danny! I love doing it! I have such a blast with it. I have a bunch of them scheduled so stay tuned! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm totally into the glitter nails myself these days!! Right now I'm wearing a pistachio color with glitter on top. Lovin' it!! Nothing better than holding a brand new book with freshly painted glitter nails. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! I am totally smitten with pistachio and tiffany's blue colors right now! Where did you get yours at? I am always wanting more to add to my collection! hehe And your right, there is NOTHING better than freshly painted nails holding a brand new book! ;)

      Delete
  5. So pretty!! Love this new feature on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jen! I worked REALLY hard to come up with a very unique new blog feature that was very ME. I'm very happy with it! :)

      Delete
  6. I love this look, and I love this new feature! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly! :) I'm so glad people are responding well to this. :) Keep checking, I've got plenty more planned out for the next few weeks!

      Delete
  7. Hi, Cristina! Thank you so much for creating a FDSTS-inspired manicure. I love it! I'm going to have to hunt down these colors and try it for myself (though I may have to do my toes -- I'm no good at painting my own nails).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! What an honor! :) You would have some super cute toes that's for sure! And I promise I made this mani full proof so anyone can do it. Even you! :)

      Delete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website