latest comments

Waiting On Wednesday (22)

Wednesday, May 9, 2012



"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 


The Forsaken ( The Forsaken #1) by Lisa M. Stasse

The Forsaken (The Forsaken, #1)

A thought-provoking and exciting start to a riveting new dystopian trilogy.


As an obedient orphan of the U.N.A. (the super-country that was once Mexico, the U.S., and Canada), Alenna learned at an early age to blend in and be quiet—having your parents taken by the police will do that to a girl. But Alenna can’t help but stand out when she fails a test that all sixteen-year-olds have to take: The test says she has a high capacity for brutal violence, and so she is sent to The Wheel, an island where all would-be criminals end up. The life expectancy of prisoners on The Wheel is just two years, but with dirty, violent, and chaotic conditions, the time seems a lot longer as Alenna is forced to deal with civil wars for land ownership and machines that snatch kids out of their makeshift homes. Desperate, she and the other prisoners concoct a potentially fatal plan to flee the island. Survival may seem impossible, but Alenna is determined to achieve it anyway.

I LOVE dystopians! I am seriously hooked on this genre! I am so excited for this new trilogy, that I can hardly stand it! I am dying to read this and will stalking the book store on July 10 to make sure I get a copy!

What books are you looking forward to?

11 comments :

  1. This is the first I heard of this book. Thanks for sharing. Adding it to my TBR pile :) Awesome pick! :D

    Drop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, what a cover! I've never heard of this one before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! I even have a matching manicure all planned out for this one! hehe

      Delete
  3. I feel a little bit of dystopian fatigue coming on.... but I do love the cover -- it's really different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! This has been the year of dystopians and re-tellings and I'm a little tired. BUT this one does sound amazing and I am really looking forward to it!

      Delete
  4. I'm a huge fan of this genre, I can't believe I haven't heard of this book it sounds amazing. Also I love the cover it's actually original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely original. One of the things that attracted me to it. Looks like you'll be joining me pining away for this one. hehe

      Delete
  5. I am really looking forward to this one too. It sounds awesome. I mean seriously, sent to a freaking Island where most people don't survive more than 2 years. I am all about this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOOOO! haha but we typically like the same books so I'm not surprised :p

      Delete
  6. Great post, thanks for sharing it

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website