latest comments

Review: Unbreak My Heart

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Unbreak My Heart by Melissa C. Walker
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Pages: 240
Buy The Book: Amazon

Unbreak My HeartSophomore year broke Clementine Williams’ heart. She fell for her best friend’s boyfriend and long story short: he’s excused, but Clem is vilified and she heads into summer with zero social life. Enter her parents’ plan to spend the summer on their sailboat. Normally the idea of being stuck on a tiny boat with her parents and little sister would make Clem break out in hives, but floating away sounds pretty good right now. Then she meets James at one of their first stops along the river. He and his dad are sailing for the summer and he’s just the distraction Clem needs. Can he break down Clem’s walls and heal her broken heart? Told in alternating chapters that chronicle the year that broke Clem’s heart and the summer that healed it, Unbreak My Heart is a wonderful dual love story that fans of Sarah Dessen, Deb Caletti, and Susane Colasanti will flock to.

From looking at the cover of this book, I thought it was going to be the perfect summer read. And that's exactly what it is! Unbreak My Heart is the perfect combination of heartbreak, coming of age, family, love and friendships.

I really liked the main character, Clem. My heart went out to her for the way everyone is treating her. I always hate when something like this goes down, no one ever puts equal blame on the parties involved. It's always the girl's fault and the guy gets off scott free! Why is that? WHY??? Okay, back to Clem! I totally felt for her and sympathized with those periods in your life that seem to go on forever, when nothing you do seems to be right. Nothing you can do will please or make anyone happy.

I really, really LOVED Clem's family and their relationships with one another. Her parents were so sweet and understanding. More so than I think a lot of parents would've been. Her sister, although quite a bit younger, really identified with Clem's situation and she rallied around her big sis.

James *sighs*. He wasn't drop dead gorgeous, but he was just amazing! I would take a "James" any day! haha He was sweet, understanding and everything Clem needed. He understood her in ways no one else could. And I will never look at red headed guys the same!

I think a summer sailing up the coast with her family is just what Clem needed! This was a beautifully done summer tale of love, romance, coming of age, family and friendships! This book made me want to slide into a pair of boat shoes and grab my favorite iPod playlist and set sail!




3 comments :

  1. I'm so glad that you loved this one. I wish I had, but it just wasn't for me. I didn't find Clem to be very likable. I wanted to, but it wasn't until more than halfway through the book I was able to not be annoyed with her and by then it was a little too late. *sigh* I did like the book, I just didn't love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww. I think that one book you read (you know which one!) kind of ruined all the others for you. lol I hate when you read a REALLY good book! Then all the others after pale in comparison. I really liked this one tho. Hopefully the next one will be more for you

      Delete
    2. Reading City of Lost Souls now, actually almost done and it is amazing. I pity the book that comes next though. lol!!

      Delete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website