latest comments

Review: Keeping The Castle

Monday, May 28, 2012

Keeping The Castle by Patrice Kindl
Release Date: June 14, 2012
Publisher: Viking
Pages: 224
Buy The Book: Amazon


Keeping the CastleSeventeen-year-old Althea is the sole support of her entire family, and she must marry well. But there are few wealthy suitors--or suitors of any kind--in their small Yorkshire town of Lesser Hoo. Then, the young and attractive (and very rich) Lord Boring arrives, and Althea sets her plans in motion. There's only one problem; his friend and business manager Mr. Fredericks keeps getting in the way. And, as it turns out, Fredericks has his own set of plans . . . This witty take on the classic Regency--Patrice Kindl's first novel in a decade--is like literary champagne!




I've been on the hunt for a really good YA historical romance book for quite some time now. FINALLY I found it! This book was utterly and completely charming from the first page. I chuckled and smirked the entire way through!

The main character Althea was unique, like-able and one of a kind. I loved her wit, her sense of humor, and her inability to think before she speaks. I loved the whole story, everything from the kooky castle to it's quirky inhabitants! I adored the entire cast of misfit character's in this story. They all added something really special to the story as a whole, and I would not change one thing about it!

There were twists and turns that kept me guessing the entire way through. I love, love, loved the romance! It was sweet, charming and utterly perfect! It was absolutely everything that I wanted it to be. I couldn't put this book down once I started and read straight through into the next day until I had finished it!

There's nothing I can say to do this book justice. It's fun, frothy, and frivolous. Everything I look for in a good historical romance. If your a fan of Jane Austen or the regency period, this book is for you! It's a delightful romp into decades past!



4 comments :

  1. oooh i thought this was an MG title!! didn't know it was historical either, it is about time i pick one up! haven't read one since grave mercy.

    anyways great review, I've never read a funny historical romance! so will definitely be putting this one on my TBR, and god the cover is GORGEOUS.

    - juhina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this before! I really like the cover and it sounds like it was fantastic. Glad that you enjoyed it and I hope you are enjoying vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this book sounds perfect for me!!!
    And I agree, I think the title and cover made me think it was MG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I haven't seen many reviews for this, but I love the sound of it and am so glad you liked it! I've loved the cover for awhile and your lost paragraph totally sold me - YA historical fiction, 'fun frothy and frivolous', regency period, Jane Austen!? I'm so reading it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website