latest comments

Review: Keep Holding On

Monday, May 7, 2012

Keep Holding On by Susane Colasanti
Release Date: May 31, 2012
Publisher: Viking
Pages: 224
Buy The Book: Amazon

Keep Holding On
A romantic and empowering book about bullying 

Noelle's life is all about survival. Even her best friend doesn't know how much she gets bullied, or the ways her mom neglects her. Noelle's kept so much about her life a secret for so long that when her longtime crush Julian Porter starts paying attention to her, she's terrified. Surely it's safer to stay hidden than to risk the pain of a broken heart. But when the antagonism of her classmates takes a dramatic turn, Noelle realizes it's time to stand up for herself--and for the love that keeps her holding on.



I am a huge fan of Susane Colasanti and was really eager to read this one. Although the cover looks really cute, there was more to this book than just a cute cover and a love story. I am a big fan of books that tackle serious topics and have a message for teens. Keep Holding On tackled the harsh reality of bullying.

I've read quite a few YA books that deal with bullying. While this one wasn't quite so in your face, I really enjoyed it. It was a more mild approach to it, but I felt like this made it something everyone could identify with! The main character, Noelle, is bullied  because she isn't wealthy. Let's be honest, most of us aren't! Very few of us wore $100 designer jeans, and the latest fashions. Maybe we didn't sport the latest hair style or expensive highlights. That's what makes this character, and this story, so easy to identify with!

Noelle was strong, and independent. She didn't let the bullying take over her life, or stop her from living. There were times when I cried at the injustice she faced, and others when I cheered for her and how she stood up for herself. She is exactly the girl I would hope to be if I were in her shoes!

This book was simple, yet beautifully well written, and its a story I think each and every one of us can identify with! It has a great message for teens and adults alike. It moved me and touched me in a way that I won't soon forget!


4 comments :

  1. I really want to read this title ... Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you liked this one. I am going to be reading it soon. It sounds like a great story with a great message. Awesome review hon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really had a great message. I loved how it shows that bullying isn't just in a really obvious form. It can be in a more subtle for too. Loved it!

      Delete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website