latest comments

This Week In Books (2)

Saturday, May 19, 2012



Hello everyone and Happy Saturday!!!

This Week In Book's is a weekly feature from Alea of Pop Culture Junkie in which we share all the awesome bookish related items we got "this week"!

YouTube is still giving me a lot of problems. It has officially become my arch nemisis! *scowls* So no vlog this week. Instead just some still's. Thankfully, I had a much smaller week in books. But what I did get was pure awesome!

On a side note, I will be going on vacation starting next week. Eek! I am so pumped! I haven't been on an actual vacation in over 2 years, so it is long over due! I will be gone for just under 2 weeks, so I may or may not schedule out a This Week In Books for next weekend. It is vacation after all! 



My good blogger friend Rebecca loaned me Erasing Time by C.J. Hill which I have been pining for. Eeek! Thanks Rebecca! Make sure you check out her blog HERE She is a total sweet heart!

Lyndsey from Strangemore and I did a little switcher-ooo. She sent me Something Strange and Deadly and also Counting Backwards. Both books I have been stalking. Thanks so much Lyndsey! You can check out her blog HERE


For the first time in several months, I broke my book buying ban. And ohhhh it felt soooo good! haha I'm a girl on a serious budget, but I just could not say no to this one! I purchased Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales the Barnes and Nobel Leather Bound Classics collection. I have to say...it is a beauty!


Even the spine and the back of the book are to die for gorgeous! 


 The illustrations in this book are to die for! They are spread all through out the book. The pages are gilded in gold and are stunning! With over 700 pages in this book, it will keep me entertained for a very long time! I've found myself reading in it every night. Who says your too old for bed time stories?

That's it for me this week! I had a much smaller week but still epic none the less. I'd love to know what you got this week so let me know in the comments or leave me a link to your post. 

Happy Reading! 

9 comments :

  1. You got some awesome books! I really want to read the partials! The Grimms fairytale book is beautiful! Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some awesome books this week. I am so jealous of Grimm's Fairytale collection. I almost bought it last week and the Poe one too. They are so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to read Partials! I have my signed copy so I really need to get to it =) Erasing time and Something Strange and Deadly both look good too! I hope you enjoy everything and here's my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/05/in-my-mailbox-35-weekly-wrap-up.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grimm's Complete Fairytale is to die for. Great haul! :D

    Fara @ Tumbling In Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHH I've been wanting the Grimm's Complete Fairytale for sooo long but I've never seen a proper photo of what it looks like! I was considering buying a cheaper version but thought I'd hold off until I saw a picture of that version and I love it! Next pay, I'm getting myself one! Damn. I need to learn to save "/

    - Kim @ kimreads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo! Your Grims Fairy Tale Book is SO much prettier than mine! I love the inside too! Great choice, I love it :)
    Enjoy your newbies! and a have a wonderful vacation too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it very weird that I love the spine for Something Strange and Deadly?!

    Great haul this week can't wait to see what you think of these great books

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website