latest comments

Review: Reunited

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Publisher: Reunited by Hillary Weisman Graham
Release Date: June 12, 2012
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Books for Young Readers
Pages: 336
Buy The Book:  Amazon

Reunited 1 Concert
2000 Miles
3 Ex-Best Friends

Alice, Summer, and Tiernan are ex-best friends.

Back in middle school, the three girls were inseparable. They were also the number one fans of the rock band Level3.

But when the band broke up, so did their friendship. Summer ran with the popular crowd, Tiernan was a rebellious wild-child, and Alice spent high school with her nose buried in books.

Now, just as the girls are about to graduate, Level3 announces a one-time-only reunion show.

Even though the concert’s 2000 miles away, Alice buys three tickets on impulse. And as it turns out, Summer and Tiernan have their own reasons for wanting to get out of town. Good thing Alice’s graduation gift (a pea-green 1976 VW camper van known as the Pea Pod) is just the vehicle to get them there.

But on the long drive cross-country, the girls hit more than a few bumps in the road. Will their friendship get an encore or is the show really over?


I love road trip books! I think it's the inner traveler in me crying out for adventure! Reunited was a book I could seriously dig into and identify with. There were so many things about this book that I loved. Where to start? *sighs* Okay first off, a road trip to Texas? Ohhh yeah! I am a Texas girl so this really made me smile! I think Texas is a must for road tripping! You can find some seriously interesting character's as well as some of the most random places on earth. Which is exactly what happens in the book!

I really identified with the story of the girls. Sometimes no matter how close to someone you are, you still drift apart. Life happens, people change, sometimes there aren't any big reasons for it. It just happens. That's the case with our 3 main character's. They've drifted apart, but are brought together by the band Level3 and start their journey on an unforgettable road trip!

I'm not sure what it is about  music that is so essential to our lives, especially as teens. But it is true. Music unites us! That's exactly what it did for me as a teen, and it's what draws these 3 friends back together again. I loved reading about their crazy adventures and their friendship. It reminded me so much of my teenage years and I couldn't help but smile and laugh as I read along.

The writting is well done and even though the book is told from each girl's point of view, it never got confusing. The pace moved along and it was easy to devour this book in just a few hours. I really enjoyed this book and the journey these 3 ex best friends went on! It left me smiling, laughing and digging around for my old Boy Band cd's.

If your a fan of road trip books or the Sisterhood of The Traveling pants series, then this is a book for you!


5 comments :

  1. I've been pining for this book for SO long, I feel like the release date will NEVER get here haha. It sounds like so much fun, and I'm glad to see that you enjoyed it! I had that same feeling of wanting to dig out my old boyband CDs after reading the synopsis, too haha. If there were ever an *NSYNC reunion tour, rest assured myself and a few friends who I've grown apart from would totally band together and drive to wherever it went.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha Exactly! I bought tickets to the NKOTB and BSB tour they did together. OMW!!! *sighs* I can't even speak. haha

      Delete
  2. I have been wanting to read this one!! It sounds so fun! Great review sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really cute! Now I want my very own Pea Pod! haha

      Delete
    2. I just found out last night the Hilary is going to be signing at a local bookstore in June. I am definitely going to try to go. Deborah Harkness is going to be there on July 20th and I really want to go to that one too.

      Delete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website