latest comments

Review: Blackbird

Monday, June 20, 2016

Blackbird  ( Blackbird Duology #1) by Anna Carey


Release Date: September 16, 2014
Publisher: HarperTeen
Source: Publisher
Format: ARC
Pages: 256

Blackbird (Blackbird, #1)This twisty, breathless cat-and-mouse thrill ride, told in the second person, follows a girl with amnesia in present-day Los Angeles who is being pursued by mysterious and terrifying assailants.

A girl wakes up on the train tracks, a subway car barreling down on her. With only minutes to react, she hunches down and the train speeds over her. She doesn’t remember her name, where she is, or how she got there. She has a tattoo on the inside of her right wrist of a blackbird inside a box, letters and numbers printed just below: FNV02198. There is only one thing she knows for sure: people are trying to kill her. 

On the run for her life, she tries to untangle who she is and what happened to the girl she used to be. Nothing and no one are what they appear to be. But the truth is more disturbing than she ever imagined. 

The Maze Runner series meets Code Name Verity, Blackbird is relentless and action-packed, filled with surprising twists.


I never actually read the Maze Runner series ( I know, I know!!!) or Code Name Verity , although I own both.  I do however really love Anna Carey's Eve trilogy and the premise of the book totally reminded me of the tv show Blindspot which I am hooked on! So I finally decided to dust this book off and give it a try. 

I have no idea why, but this book just did not work for me. I wish that I could put my finger on what exactly it is that went so awry for me, but I can't.  I love the author, she writes some crazy cliff hangers that make my screams heard from halfway around the world. And the idea of the story I absolutely adore, but for some reason this book just didn't do it for me.

I had a hard time getting into it, I think it actually took me about 10 days to complete the book. I really, really wanted to like it, to love it, and to FINISH it and put it behind me.  I didn't connect with the character's, the story, or anything in the book which is so unusual for me when it comes to this author's work. 

I'm not really sure if I will be picking up the companion book Deadfall or not... nevertheless if YOU have read Blackbird I would love to know your thoughts, so don't forget to leave me a comment!






Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website