latest comments

Review: These Vicious Masks

Friday, June 17, 2016

These Vicious Masks by Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas


Release Date: February 9, 2016
Publisher: Swoon Reads
Source: Library
Format: Finished Copy
Pages: 298

These Vicious Masks (These Vicious Masks, #1)

England, 1882. Evelyn is bored with society and its expectations. So when her beloved sister, Rose, mysteriously vanishes, she ignores her parents and travels to London to find her, accompanied by the dashing Mr. Kent. But they’re not the only ones looking for Rose. The reclusive, young gentleman Sebastian Braddock is also searching for her, claiming that both sisters have special healing powers. Evelyn is convinced that Sebastian must be mad, until she discovers that his strange tales of extraordinary people are true—and that her sister is in graver danger than she feared.




I feel like I am probably the last person in the world to have read this book. When my Mom walked in the door from the library she works at and handed this to me I was so ecstatic. I really adore historical romance/ historical mysteries. It is seriously the stuff dreams are made of! Plus..my Mom kinda raised me on stuff like this so...ya know. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree I guess.

After I finished this book I read a LOT of reviews, a LOT people. I know it's REALLY hit and miss for people. Some people loved it, some people hated it, and there really weren't any people who were in between the two. My personal thoughts on that are because this is historical fiction. Historical fiction is NOT for everyone, most people will love it, or hate it. Historical fiction can be really tricky even for people who adore it. I've read some that you couldn't even tell were historical fiction except for an odd reference here or there. But enough about pro historical fiction vs con.

I really LOVED this book! When your an avid reader/reviewer you can really hit a slump and just get tired of reading and lose your enthusiasm. This book really energized me and breathed life back into my desire for reading again! I pretty much read the entire thing in 1 sitting which is HUGE for me. I've never been a marathon reader and my attention wanders really quickly.

The whole story was really well done, which I was concerned about being that this is written by a duo of male and female authors. Fear not, it was incredible! The main character was spunky and completely stubborn sometimes, but I really identified with her because I'm the same way!!! The story itself to me was unique and I loved the lengths Evelyn went to to find her sister Rose. My sister and I have a super close bond and I really related to that particular aspect of the story. To the moon and back people, to the moon and back!

If you like historical fiction, sisterly bonds, intrigue, romance, super human powers. then you should definitely pick up this book and give it a try! If you've read it, plan on reading it, or want to read it, let me know in the comments so we can fan girl together!

 

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website