latest comments

Review: Sever ( The Chemical Garden #3)

Monday, June 10, 2013

Review: Sever (The Chemical Garden #3) by Lauren DeStefano
Release Date: February 12, 2013
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Format: Hardcover
Source: Purchased
Pages: 371
GoodReads | Amazon

Sever (The Chemical Garden, #3)

With the clock ticking until the virus takes its toll, Rhine is desperate for answers. After enduring Vaughn’s worst, Rhine finds an unlikely ally in his brother, an eccentric inventor named Reed. She takes refuge in his dilapidated house, though the people she left behind refuse to stay in the past. While Gabriel haunts Rhine’s memories, Cecily is determined to be at Rhine’s side, even if Linden’s feelings are still caught between them.

Meanwhile, Rowan’s growing involvement in an underground resistance compels Rhine to reach him before he does something that cannot be undone. But what she discovers along the way has alarming implications for her future—and about the past her parents never had the chance to explain.

In this breathtaking conclusion to Lauren DeStefano’s Chemical Garden trilogy, everything Rhine knows to be true will be irrevocably shattered.


 
 Sever was an amazing end to the Chemical Garden trilogy and really outshone the previous book. Lauren DeStefano's work is beautifully disturbing and the world she creates is so vivid and haunting. I can't help but continue to be amazed by her.

I've had a bit of a love hate relationship with this series. Loved Wither, hated Fever ( or maybe it was just the creepy circus??) . Either way, I fell back in love all over again with Sever. I felt like we FINALLY got to know what drove Vaughn, Rhine, and so many of the other character's in the series.

While the ending isn't perfect for some readers, *cough* Juhina *cough*, I think it was done beautifully. Not every character gets a happy ending, but I think everyone grows up and comes into their own place in the world and gets to a place that most readers will be satisfied with. I know that's terribly criptic, but... I don't want to spoil this for anyone who hasn't read it.

I particularly enjoyed a new character who was introduced, Vaughn's brother. I wish we'd have been introduced to him much earlier on in the series, but cest la vie! There were so many plot twists that I hadn't figured out, many left me gasping, others left me in tears. I have to say, I have been invested in this series, and this is by far my favorite book of the trilogy! It ended perfectly. There are no rainbows and happily ever afters, but hope and the promise of much more. I thought the ending to the series was perfect and I look forward to Stefano's next endeavors!

6 comments :

  1. I also really enjoyed these three books. (Yes, the circus was creepy!) If everything had ended happily, it just wouldn't have fit the tone of the series.

    Been meaning to email and see what you think of the new judges…

    You can find me here: Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! This story is ugly beautiful. It just wouldn't have fit. And OMG LOVE the judges this season!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad that you loved this. I never read the second one, but I do have it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THe second one was NOT my cup of tea. lol This however, WAS! :)

      Delete
  3. Anyhow, the Somanabolic Muscle Maximizer is unique from the
    feeling that it's not a normal exercise application but a specific one particular which helps various folk attain their diverse health and fitness targets. Yes we would like muscle, but in the right way, and gaining lean muscle without fat is the key to doing this. No make a difference what sort of fat coaching regimen you.

    my web site Somanabolic Muscle Maximizer Review

    ReplyDelete
  4. What уou posted made a ton of ѕеnѕе.
    But, think on this, suppose you аԁded a little information?
    I am not sayіng уour content is not solid, but
    supрose уou added a heаԁline that makеs pеople ωаnt morе?
    I mean "Review: Sever ( The Chemical Garden #3)" іs kindа plaіn.

    Yоu mіght glanсе аt Yahoο's front page and watch how they create article headlines to grab viewers interested. You might add a video or a pic or two to get people excited about everything've written.
    Just my oρinіon, it could maκe your ωebѕіte a lіttle bit more interesting.


    Ϻу ωebpage ... reputation management

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website