latest comments

Health Update

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Hi Lovelies!

I just realized I haven't updated my blog since January. I have had every intention to do it, and I have lots to catch up on. Life has just gotten insanely crazy for me. Many of you know I have quite a few health problems, and that seemed to kick into high gear this year.

For quite some time I have been battling chronic fatigue which seemed to hit an all time low this year. I have to be shaken awake and reminded to eat! That being said, I have also been dealing with never ending migraines, which are not easy to treat with my other conditions. I woke up one day in February with a swollen thyroid, the next day I had a pain at the base of my skull, and the next a sore neck which was full of fluid. After many doctors visits, and tests, my doctor informed me that I have a nodule on my thyroid. I kinda knew the prognosis when I saw the spot on my ultrasound.

On top of that, I was just diagnosed with psoriasis this past week as well. It's covering my scalp, my lips, the palms of my hands, my nails, etc. It's taken all of my energy to just go to work, and take care of my sweet little bunny.

I am desperately trying to develop some sort of a routine or normalacy but ... it seems like life is just too hectic at the moment. I have not forgotten all of you dear readers, nor abandoned my passion for books. I just have to find my footing.

Before I wrap this up, I will be making some changes to my blog. I have many loves and intrests besides YA books, and I've struggled for quite some time now on how to combine it all without having multiple blogs. Hence, Nail Your Books was born. I will be soon adding beauty, makeup, etc and maybe even some gluten free cooking to my blog as well. I plan on still making this a fun place to stop by and visit, but also a place where you can get great book recommendations, quick dinner recipes and super cute nail art ideas. So what do you think? Are you excited to see the coming changes?

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website