latest comments

Review: Sky On Fire (Monument 14 #2)

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Sky On Fire (Monument 14 #2) by Emmy Laybourne

Release Date: May 28, 2013
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Source: Purchased
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 212
Amazon  |  Goodreads

Sky on Fire (Monument 14, #2)

Trapped in a superstore by a series of escalating disasters, including a monster hailstorm and terrifying chemical weapons spill, brothers Dean and Alex learned how to survive and worked together with twelve other kids to build a refuge from the chaos. But then strangers appeared, destroying their fragile peace, and bringing both fresh disaster and a glimmer of hope.

Knowing that the chemical weapons saturating the air outside will turn him into a bloodthirsty rage monster, Dean decides to stay in the safety of the store with Astrid and some of the younger kids. But their sanctuary has already been breached once. . . .
Meanwhile, Alex, determined to find their parents, heads out into the darkness and devastation with Niko and some others in a recently repaired school bus. If they can get to Denver International Airport, they might be evacuated to safety. But the outside world is even worse than they expected. . . .

I fell in love with Monument 14, like HARD, so I was bouncing off the walls when Sky on Fire came out! I'm always nervous when I start a second book in a series. Will I remember everything? Will it be as good as the first? Do I need to go back and re-read the first book? Not a chance! I loved that the author, Emmy Laybourne, started off Sky On Fire with a little recap of the previous books events. It instantly brought me up to speed and all my thoughts and feelings from Monument 14 came back to me in a rush.

Sky On Fire is a continuation of the story that began in Monument 14, but yet it's somehow completely different. For one thing, the story is told from both Dean and Alex's point of view. I love reading the male point of view so this was like double the fun! In Sky on Fire the group is split up into 2 groups, those who stay in the superstore, and those who venture outside for help. I loved that we got a first hand point of view from each group, which made it totally fascinating to me!

Each chapter ends in a bit of cliffhanger, making you race through the next chapter and the other groups adventures, to find out what happens! There's a whole lot of action, suspense, shocking twists and so much more! While Monument 14 is still my favorite in this series, Sky On Fire was a really well written follow up that is hard to resist! I highly recommend this series to YA fans, especially those that can't get enough of the male point of view! Pick this one up, you will not be disappointed!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website