latest comments

Review: Temptation

Monday, July 16, 2012


Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins
Release Date: June 26, 2012
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Pages: 383
Buy The Book: Amazon



Temptation

Your heart misleads you.  That's what my friends and family say.  But I love Noah. And he loves me.  We met and fell in love in the sleepy farming community of Meadowview, while we rode our horses together through the grassy fields and in those moments in each other's arms. It should be  ROSE & NOAH forever, easy. But it won't be. Because he's Amish. And I'm not.




I have always been fascinated by the Amish and their lifestyle. I think in many ways I admire their way of living, their peacefulness and their discipline. I seriously would love to go stay in an Amish community for like a week, churning butter and burping babies and what not! haha Seriously tho...I'd love it!

This book grabbed my attention when I first heard about it and I was dying to read it. This book seriously did not disappoint me! I tore into it like a crazed woman who has just found out chocolate exists. I couldn't put it down, and wound up taking it with me everywhere I went. Even to a convention I attended and found myself pulling it out of my bag, reading and biting my  nails when I totally should've been listening to the speaker.

The story was a beautiful love story in many ways. It's all about forbidden love *sighs* and of course temptation! ;) My heart went out to the two main character's, Rose and Noah. They are so in love, and all they want is to be together. And they are REALLY good kids! But yet their familes are making it even harder on them. House arrest? Please! I was frustrated FOR the character's in the book!

I've totally been there, loving the boy I really should not. Whether it be the bad boy you fell for, or someone you knew you shouldn't, I think we can all probably identify with Rose. I loved that as soon as her Dad moves her to a community that is primarily Amish, she never gawks at them or treats them like most modern teens would. She was respectful of them and their lifestyle and religous views, even though she may not have always agreed with it.

Noah *sighs* Noah, is one of my all time favorite male love interests in book. Right next to My Life Next Door. He made my heart beat, he made me smile and feel warm and fuzzy. He was a total sweet heart and at times he was overly protective, but really he was just trying to protect Rose from the "English" and all the horror stories he's heard. Together they were such a cute and sweet couple that totally balanced each other out. I was rooting for them the whole way through!

I was seriously glued to the book and I couldn't put it down until I had read every last word. It was a passionate and powerful tale of forbidden love that reminds us what love is all about in the first place! I loved this book and fell head over heels in love with it, and I think you will too!

I was so happy to find out there will be a second book in this series and I am dying for the next part of the story. The sneak peak at book 2 has me dying of anticipation. Eeek!


4 comments :

  1. Sounds like an amazing read! May just have to move it up to the top of my TBR pile :) great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so great!! I love the forbidden love thing. I am a sucker for it. I think the Amish are really fascinating too so I think I would really enjoy that aspect of the story too. Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy AWesome!!!!!!!! I truly wasn't aware it would be that good! I wasn't so eager to pick it up because Amish wasn't a genre I really wanted to get into, but it does sounds super awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I never thought this book would be for me, but I do love that cover and I think your review has convinced me to at least try it eventually =]

    Adding it to the wishlist, Thank You!! =D

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website