latest comments

This Week In Books

Sunday, July 8, 2012




Hello Everyone and Happy Sunday!

This Week In Book's is a weekly feature from Alea of Pop Culture Junkie in which we share all the awesome bookish related items we got "this week"!

No vlog this week, I'm being lazy and actually feeling a bit under the weather. Fair warning, this week's edition is jam packed full of awesome! Last Saturday my Mom's uncle died, and we quickly made the 8 hour trip to the valley to be with family and attend the funeral. I had lots of awesome things I couldn't wait to share with you guys last week, but due to the death in our family I wasn't able to. It was just really bad timing for me. 

I am finally back home, and the crazy has already started. The entire month of  July is insane for me. Right now as you read this, I am at a convention, next week I start doing some programs at the library for their summer reading program. And I also have another 3 day convention to attend. Due to my hectic schedule lately, I have not had the time to visit your blogs, reply to comments, or even post review. I promise I am going to work on that and hopefully i will pick a day next week to stop by and visit each and every one of you. In the meantime, thank you for continuing to stop by my blog, read my crazy thoughts, and leave such awesome comments. I love you guys! :)

Now...on to the books!

For Review
The Blessed by Tonya Hurley
Glass Heart by Amy Garvey
Over You by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
Erasing Time by C.J. Hill ( look for my review in August! )
Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer

Thank you to HarperTeen and Simon and Schuster. You guys sent me some epic books this week and I am so excited to read them!

Arc Tour Books
Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins ( I am reading this one right now and I am TOTALLY hooked!)
Entice by Jessica Shirvington

Borrowed from Library
Railsea by China Mieville
From What I Remember by Stacey Kramer and Valerie Thomas

Gifted/Traded
League of Strays bu L.B. Schulman
The Little Woods by McCormick Templeman
Temptation by Alisa Valdes
Drain You by M. Beth Bloom
Thank you Angela! You are such a doll, and I am looking forward to them all. Especially The Little Woods! I LOVE a good murder mystery! 

Flashpoint by Nancy Kress
The Innocents by Lili Peloquin
Thanks Vanessa! :)

Defiance by C.J. Redwine
What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang
Eeek! Thanks Christen! I totally screamed and ran around the house clutching these 3 books. haha You are awesome chick!

Glass Heart by Amy Garvey (signed!!!)
34 Pieces of You by Carmen Rodrigues (signed!!!)
Thanks Natasha! I couldn't believe these were both signed. Eeek! 

Whew! Yep, its official, TOTALLY epic week in books. Thank you to the awesome people at Harper Teen and Simon and Schuster!  And also a big thanks to all my friends who always make running to the mailbox a highlight to my day! :)

That's it for me this week guys. Thank goodness I am participating in a read-a-thon next week! hehe I hope you guys had a fantatstic week, and are enjoying your summer. I'll see you next week and until then...

Happy Reading!

14 comments :

  1. Awesome haul! I'm very excited for The Blessed and What's Left of Me! Enjoy all the new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me tooo meee tooo!!! lol And Dead Girl's Detective Agency. Squeee!!!

      Delete
  2. So jealous of What's Left of Me! I'd asked for it at ALA but they were all out :( From What I Remember and Smart Girls Get What They Want are really awesome books, so cute and so fun! I'm starting Temptation later this week, glad to know it's good!

    Good luck with all you've got to do in July! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know when I went to TLA in April they had considerablly less than in past years, and I heard that about BEA and ALA as well. I have noticed they are cutting way back on review copies. *sighs* Which makes me pine for their titles all the more! teehee

      I have also heard those books are amazing and I can't wait to read them all!!! My mailbox has been pretty epic for a few weeks now and I'm totally psyched to read everything.

      Delete
  3. OMG!!! Glass heart!!!! I am dying to read that book! You're sooo lucky!!!
    Happy readimg! Hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I actually wound up with 2. I got a signed copy a friend gave me and then harper sent me one so I passed it along to someone I knew was dying for it. I can't wait to read it tho! Eeeek!

      Delete
  4. So sorry to hear of you family's loss... please do take care of yourself, not good to run yourself down!
    You have some really amazing reads here! What's Left of Me, The Blessed and Over You sound great!
    Enjoy them all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did get some awesome stuff in the mail. I want to read them all NOW! hehe I am trying to just take it easy right now and not stress over the blog. What happens will happen! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm so jealous of Over You I can't wait to read it! I hope you enjoy everything you got this week. Here's my IMM!

    http://www.paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/07/in-my-mailbox-42-weekly-wrap-up.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow when all was said and done I wound up with 3 copies of it! ACK!!! A friend sent me one, and harper sent me 2. LOL Giveaway time I think? hehe

      Delete
  6. So sorry about your loss and also hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks Jen! I am for sure feeling better. Still playing around and trying to perfect my diet and exercise. It's really key for me on having a good qaulity of life that I can enjoy. I sometimes get lazy or lax and that' when I have problems. lol Thankfully things are improving!

      Delete
  7. Wow!! That is definitely a whole lot of awesome!! So sorry to hear about your loss. Sending lots of love your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha Every day I went to my mailbox I literally said "HOLY COW!" lol I was a very happy Crissy! hehe And thanks hun! *huggles* :)

      Delete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website