latest comments

Review: Eve and Adam

Tuesday, September 25, 2012


Eve and Adam by Katherine Applegate and Michael Grant
Release Date: October 2, 2012
Publisher: Fiewel and Friends
Pages: 304
Buy The Book: Amazon

Eve and Adam


Sixteen-year-old Evening Spiker lives an affluent life in San Francisco with her mother, EmmaRose, a successful geneticist and owner of Spiker Biotech. Sure, Evening misses her father who died mysteriously, but she’s never really questioned it. Much like how she’s never stopped to think how off it is that she’s never been sick. That is, until she’s struck by a car and is exposed to extensive injuries. Injuries that seem to be healing faster than physically possible.
 

While recuperating in Spiker Biotech’s lush facilities, she meets Solo Plissken, a very attractive, if off-putting boy her age who spent his life at Spiker Biotech. Like Evening, he’s never questioned anything... until now. Solo drops hints to Evening that something isn’t right, and Emma-Rose may be behind it. Evening puts this out of her mind and begins her summer internship project: To simulate the creation of the perfect boy. With the help of Solo, Evening uncovers secrets so big they could change the world completely.

When I heard about this book at the beginning of the year, I knew it was something I had to read! I was so intruiged by the idea of a girl creating her very own Adam! I devoured this book in a day, which for me is a really huge deal.

I loved the sci-fi elements to the story, the genetic manipulation and the scientific elements. It could have been really confusing but the author did an amazing job writting it in such a way that I didn't feel like I needed a degree in genetacism to comprehend it. I enjoyed seeing what a teen girls perfect boy would be, and what her "Adam" would turn out like. Would he be anything like what'd my perfect boy would be?

The main character, Evening ("Eve") was a like able character. I loved her loyalty and devotion to her best friend Aislin, doing just about anything for her! Solo was my favorite character in this story. He lives at Biotech and has a first hand point of view. I really loved his character and felt he had so much potential for growth and I can't wait to learn more about him in this series! I really enjoyed that this story was told from both Eve and Solo's points of view. It wasn't confusing at all, but really added to the story! And then there's Adam, with his own personality. But you'll have to read the book to find out all about him! ;)

I thought the story was brilliantly done! It wasn't over the top, or understated, it was just perfect! The story was such a quick read, it seemed like I read it in no time and I immidiately wanted much more! It's the kind of book you can't put down once you start reading it. It was a totally original sci-fi adventure that I'm sure you'll have a blast reading! I can't wait to read the sequel Adam and Eve and find out more about these character's and their world!

5 comments :

  1. Great review! Now I can't wait for my copy to arrive =)

    - Ellie @ The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! All time favorite?! This does sound like a really good book. I have heard some mixed things about it, but I definitely want to read it at some point. It seems like a book I would really enjoy. Awesome review hon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay -- we're review twins today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Eve and Aislin, less excited about Solo but I thought this book had some cool action sequences.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such an intersting concept to create your perfect guy. I use to day dream about what personality traits I would put together in order to make my perfect guy so this book seems perfect for me!

    Thanks for the awesome review because now I really want to read this book

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website