latest comments

Review: The Deadly Sister

Monday, January 21, 2013

The Deadly Sister by Eliot Schrefer
Release Date: May 1, 2010
Publisher: Scholastic
Pages: 352
Buy The Book: Amazon


The Deadly Sister

From the author of School for Dangerous Girls, another suspenseful stunner about a girl who helps her sister escape from a murder charge - and then falls for the murder victim's brother.

Abby Goodwin is sure her sister Maya isn't a murderer. But her parents don't agree. Her friends don't agree. And the cops definitely don't agree. Maya is a drop-out, a stoner, a girl who's obsessed with her tutor, Jefferson Andrews...until he ends up dead. Maya runs away, and leaves Abby following the trail of clues. Each piece of evidence points to Maya, but it also appears that Jefferson had secrets of his own. And enemies. Like his brother, who Abby becomes involved with...until he falls under suspicion.
Is Abby getting closer to finding the true murderer? Or is someone leading her down a twisted false path?


---------------------

I love a good murder mystery! Especially one that challenges me and keeps me guessing. That is exactly what The Deadly Sister did! Seeing as how this book was dedicated to the author's editor, David Levithan, I shouldn't be surprised!
 
I'm not sure what it is about a murder mystery that has always kept me so fascinated. Maybe it's the race againt time. Or delving into the psychological mind. Whatever it is, this book has it in spades!
 
The main character, Abby, is determined to prove her sister's innocence, despite all the evidence stacked against her. Being a part of a dynamic sisterly duo, I really identified with this part of the story. There is nothing I wouldn't do for my sister, and vice versa.
 
I enjoyed the characteres, and the plot blew me away! I literally sat speechless with my jaw hanging open when I finally closed the book. This was so masterfully written that I think even the grand dam of murder mystery, Agatha Christie, herself would approve.
 
This was a fast paced thrilling read that will make you question just how far you are willing to go for family!
 
 

---------------

Have you read this book? I'd love to know your thoughts so don't forget to leave a comment below!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website