latest comments

Review: Library Wars: Love & War #1

Friday, July 1, 2016

Library Wars: Love & War #1 by Kiiro Yumi

Release Date: June 1, 2010
Publisher: Viz Media
Source: Library
Format: Finished Copy
Pages: 186
Amazon  |  Goodreads

Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 1 (Library Wars: Love & War, #1)
In the near future, the federal government creates a committee to rid society of books it deems unsuitable. The libraries vow to protect their collections, and with the help of local governments, form a military group to defend themselves--the Library Forces!

Iku Kasahara has dreamed of joining the Library Defense Force ever since one of its soldiers stepped in to protect her favorite book from being confiscated in a bookstore when she was younger. But now that she's finally a recruit, she's finding her dream job to be a bit of a nightmare. Especially since her hard-hearted drill instructor seems to have it in for her!


                                                                                                   
                                                              

I've really been enjoying Manga lately, so I went to my local library to pick up a few new ones. I stumbled on the series Library Wars and I was instantly intrigued. I grew up going to the library every week, it was our family outing every Friday when my Dad got home from work. And afterwards we'd all pile in the car with our picks for the week and we'd head to our favorite burger joint for burgers and ice cream. I have such fond memories of those nights. 

Library Wars is set in the future (think dystopian!) in Japan where the government has created a committee to basically censor all media. They swoop in and confiscate anything they feel is inappropriate or threatening. They can drop in anywhere, at any time, and snatch up someone's beloved book. Seriously, I'd go crazy! 

The Libraries form a group to protect themselves, a military group called the Library Defense Force.  Our main character Iku has always dreamed of becoming a LDF and this book gives you the background on why this is so important to her. We also learn who the LDF is and follow the new recruits as they go through their military training.

I really enjoyed this Manga, to me the story was original and entertaining. I could just imagine myself feeling exactly like Iku and protecting my beloved libraries collection! The art was great, although I did find myself a little lost from time to time. However, I am really looking forward to continuing this story very very soon. 


Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website