latest comments

Review: My Hero Academia

Friday, July 8, 2016

My Hero Academia Vol #1 by Kohei Horikoshi


Release Date:  August 4, 2015
Publisher:  Viz Media LLC
Source:  Library
Format:  Finished Copy
Pages:  192
Amazon  |  Goodreads

My Hero Academia, Vol. 01 (My Hero Academia, #1)
What would the world be like if 80 percent of the population manifested superpowers called “Quirks” at age four? Heroes and villains would be battling it out everywhere! Being a hero would mean learning to use your power, but where would you go to study? The Hero Academy of course! But what would you do if you were one of the 20 percent who were born Quirkless?

Middle school student Izuku Midoriya wants to be a hero more than anything, but he hasn’t got an ounce of power in him. With no chance of ever getting into the prestigious U.A. High School for budding heroes, his life is looking more and more like a dead end. Then an encounter with All Might, the greatest hero of them all, gives him a chance to change his destiny…




I was perusing Amazon looking for another good Manga series to try out and I am so glad I happened upon My Hero Academia. The story is just way too cute and fun! It's set in a dystopian world where 80% of the population have super powers called Quirks. They go to specialized schools to learn how to use their powers and control them. But our Main Character Izuku is one of the 20% who are born without Quirks.

Poor Izuku is teased about it his whole life, but he's so determined that he doesn't let that get him down. He's inspired by his favorite superhero All Might, and is determined to get into the famous U.A. high school.

I loved his spunk, determination and drive which made him so endearing. This story was fantastic and really fun! The concept of living in a world where NOT having a super power makes you a minority was absolutely genius to me! I really, really loved this one and I think you would too!

 

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website