latest comments

June 2016 Wrap Up

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Hi Lovelies!

Summer is officially in full swing and we are halfway through the year! Can you believe it? I still feel as if 2016 just started! Where does the time go?

Over the past few months I re-fell in love with books and blogging again. I am back with vigor and an excitement that I haven't had in far too long! I definitely upped my reading game in June, which is incredible for me! I'm such a slow reader and I am amazed at how much I accomplished in June.

I fell and really messed up my knee halfway through May. I was still in some pretty severe pain for most of the month of June. So I was kind of a captive audience. And I shockingly was getting tired of watching tv. So tons of reading for me! I was also able to relaunch my blog and get that going full time, which I have REALLY missed doing.

Now that I've moved I have only 1 room and virtually no space for books. They are over flowing! So I've really made it a priority to shop my own shelves and whittle down my physical TBR pile this month. So here's what I got up to

The Books


  • Secrets in the Snow by Michaela MacColl
  • The Assassin Game by Kristy McKay
  • My Hero Academia #1 by Kohei Horikoshi
  • Frayed by Kara Terzis
  • Life After Juliet by Shannon Lee Alexander (this was incredible!!!)
  • Shackled by Tom Leveen
  • None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio
  • Young Widows Club by Alexandrea Coutts
  • The Cabin by Natasha Preston
  • Hotel Ruby by Suzanne Young
  • We'll Never Be Apart by Emiko Jean


The Challenges


  • I read 11 books towards my 2016 Goodreads Reading Challenge
  • I read 5 books from my physical TBR shelf


June was a really great month for me! I read 11 books, which is fantastic! I also had 13 blog posts, 8 of which were reviews.

My goals for next month are to focus on reading from my TBR shelf, which will mean review books will have to wait.

I also want to get better about using Twitter. In my long absence from blogging I also disappeared from Twitter and I feel so lost. I virtually have no blogging friends anymore so part of my goals for July is to have a more active presence on Twitter. Visit more blogs, connect with more bloggers and readers, and comment as I peruse the web instead of just trolling.

I also signed up for the The Great Twitter Readathon for the month of July. This will be my second time participating and I hope to be more balanced with socializing and not just having my nose stuck in a book. I have also signed up for Camp NanoWrimo in July and I am hoping to finish a project I've had in the works for 2 years now. 

As of late I seem to have no problem reading, but I seem to have an issue with reviewing. haha I am officially backed up and have 7 books read and just waiting to be reviewed. So I am really hoping that in July I can get that under control.

That's it for me, all in all I had a really successful month! How about you? Let me know in the comments and feel free to leave the link to your wrap up post below so I can stop by and say hi!

Happy Reading!

XOXO

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website