latest comments

Review: Frayed

Monday, July 4, 2016

Frayed by Kara Terzis


Release Date:  June 7, 2016
Publisher:  Sourcebooks Fire
Source:  Publisher
Format:  eARC
Pages:  304
Amazon  |  Goodreads


Frayed
Dear Kesley,

My therapist tells me I should write you a letter. Like flushing all my thoughts and feelings out of my system and onto paper. I tell her it's a stupid idea.

But here I am, writing a letter to a dead girl. Where do I start? Where did our story begin? From the moment you were born...or died?


I'll start with the moment I found out the truth about you. Your lies and my pain. Because it always begins and ends with you.


And that end began when Rafe Lawrence came back to town...


Ava Hale will do anything to find her sister's killer...although she'll wish she hadn't. Because the harder Ava looks, the more secrets she uncovers about Kesley, and the more she begins to think that the girl she called sister was a liar. A sneak. A stranger.

And Kesley's murderer could be much closer than she thought...

A debut novel from Wattpad award-winner Kara Terzis, Frayed is a psychological whodunit that will keep you guessing!



This book was crazy explosive for me from beginning to end! In a totally amazing way of course ;) hehe The main character Ava's life is affected in every way the day her older sister Kesley goes missing. There was never a body found, or a Kesley sighting...so the family has so many what if's and fears running through their minds.

Frayed is a book I would categorize as a Mystery which as you know is totally my thing! The story is told all through Ava's eyes, partly in first person, and partly as a letter she's writing to her sister Kesley that is weaved throughout the story. I really enjoyed the letter portions of the story, I felt like it made the story different and gave it a bit of a psychological aspect as we got more into Ava's head and her personal world.

I really enjoyed this book, the pacing was well done in my opinion, and as I got to the last 50 pages or so I was flying through the book to find out what happened. I read it in one sitting, staying up until 4 am when my eyes were hurting and begging me to put the book away and turn the lights off.

The ending was so explosive for me and to this day I am still reeling from it. Even after that last page I still couldn't sleep..I was DYING to talk to someone about the ending, I was so stunned! When you've been an avid reader for years, storylines, character's, plots, etc can be pretty predictable and you can usually tell where the story is going. I loved that Kara Terzis completely stunned me with Frayed. This book held my attention from the beginning to the explosive ending and I highly recommend it!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website