latest comments

Review: Blood Will Tell (Point Last Seen #2)

Friday, August 5, 2016

Blood Will Tell by April Henry
Release Date: June 16, 2015
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co.
Source: Publisher
Format: ARC
Pages: 272
Amazon  |  Goodreads


Blood Will Tell (Point Last Seen, #2)


What happens when someone who’s only ever wanted to be a hero becomes a suspect?
When a woman’s body is found in a Portland park, suspicion falls on an awkward teen who lives only a few blocks away, owns several knives, loves first-person shooter video games, and doodles violent scenes in his school notebooks. Nick Walker goes from being a member of a Search and Rescue team to the prime suspect in a murder, his very interest in SAR seen as proof of his fascination with violence. How is this even possible? And can Alexis and Ruby find a way to help clear Nick’s name before it’s too late?



So in true Princess of Storyland fashion, I didn't realize this was the second in the series (AGAIN!) and dove in. I seem to be doing this a lot lately don't I? Thankfully, it didn't make a bit of a difference from what I could tell. So if your like me and haven't read the Body In the Woods, don't let that stop you! However, of course I definitely want to go back and read the first book to see what I missed.

This story is told from multiple POV's, so if that isn't your thing, you won't want to read this one. I feel like multiple POV's can be tricky and sometimes the character's tend to have the same feel. That was not an issue here, each character had their own distinct and unique voice that kept them apart from the others.

Blood Will Tell centers around 3 teens, Nick, Alexis and Ruby who all belong to a search and rescue  team. I'll admit, reading this I was a smidge taken aback by teens having such weighty roles at a crime scene, but who knows, maybe that's fairly realistic when volunteers are used? Anyone? Anywho . . .  I don't think this is my favorite of April Henry's books, but it's a really solid YA mystery, I enjoyed reading it and I look forward to more in this series!

 

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website