latest comments

January 2012 Wrap-Up

Thursday, February 2, 2012



Hello Lovelies~

2012 came in with a big bang in the YA world, with the release of so many amazing novels! I hope you enjoyed reading them as much as I did! I can't believe we are already into February, my how time flies!

My goals for 2012 were to find the time to read/blog more, hit the 200 follower mark (hopefully) and spend more visiting other blogger's sites and  comment back!!!

I am quite happy with the amount of books I was able to read this month, and quite shocked at the same time! I had 26 total blog posts, WOW! That's almost one per day! Eeek! Granted not all are reviews, some are meme's such as WoW, IMM, and some I do on my own such as Steals and Deals, Around Town and some discussion posts thrown in as well. Not a bad way to start of 2012 if I do say so myself! ;)

The Books 
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith ( AMAZING!!! Go read it NOW!!!)
Pretty Little Liars #2 Flawless by Sara Shephard
Irises by Francisco X . Stork
New Girl by Paige Harbison
Dead To You by Lisa McMann
Chopsticks by Jessica Anthony and Rodrigo Corral
Wither by Lauren DeStefano
Fever by Lauren DeStefano ( have about 60 pages left!!!)

The Challenges

  • I read 8 books towards my goal of 100 for the Goodreads 2012 Reading Challenge
  • I also read 2 books towards my 2012 Ya Contemporary Challenge as well as met my personal goal of 2 YA contemps a month!
  • I read 3 books towards my 2012 TBR Pile Challenge. YAY!!! This is a HUGE feat for me, and I credit it all to being sick and catching up on books I've always wanted to read!
  • And last but not least, I read 4 books towards the 2012 Debut Author Challenge

Random Act's of Kindness
The lovely Loretta from Between the Pages sent me an ebook of The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan which I've been dying to read! We are reading it together this week so look for our shared blog posts on this coming up in February!

My awesome friend, and also my tv buddy, Amy from Book Loving Mom sent me an audio book of Legend by Marie Lu. Amy know how much I LOVE my dystopians and she highly recommended this one and thought I would love it! Eeek! 

Mindy from Magical Urban Fantasy Reads sent me signed copies of Cinder by Marisa Meyer and Fracture by Megan Miranda. I literally squealed when they came in the mail! Thank you soooo much!!! Mindy also bought me some other books for a few signings I'm going to in February (super sweet of her!) but I will include those in my February wrap-up after I get them autographed! I can't wait!!!

All in all January was a great month for me! I recieved some amazing gifts from friends, bloggers, and authors. I attended my first ever Mid-Winter ALA conference and had a total blast! 

I hope you all had a fantastic month as well as a great start to a brand new year! I'd love to hear about what books you were able to read this month and what goals you accomplished, so let me know it the comments! Until next month...

Happy Reading!

XOXO

2 comments :

  1. Wow, that's amazing!
    January was a blockbuster month for new releases.

    My stats for January are here:

    http://jenryland.blogspot.com/p/books-read-in-2012.html

    Whew. I'm tired. Don't think I can keep up that pace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow awesome month for you!! You are doing a great job. I didn't get to many of my TBR pile books, but I was happy that I read 12 books in Jan. My re-cap goes up on Sat.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website