latest comments

Q&A

Friday, February 24, 2012

Hello Lovelies!

Many of my blogger friends have been doing Q&A's and I am LOVING them! It's a great way to get to know the blogger a little better and I always love random fun! My good friend Jen did a Q&A this week and tagged me. So here are my answers. 

Name a favorite food, flower and color.
My favorite food of all times is pizza! I can eat it 24/7 and never tire of it. I love it hot and fresh, and even cold the next morning for breakfast. I love it all kinds of ways, any time of day! I also love Spinach pizza.  I cannot eat my pizza without a big pile of ranch to dip it in!  

My favorite flower are orchids. I am obsessed! I have a pretty decent collection that is over taking the house and my mother's window sill's. haha They are all beautiful and unique. They are my babies! I take them outside to "sunbathe" which my sister hates. lol They sit beside me while I read and yes, I do talk to them! lol I have each and every one of them named, from Annabelle my very first orchid to Prudence, and Hortence my freckled and fair beauty. haha 

My favorite color is pink!!! Not pepto bismo pink, HOT pink! The pretty kind that makes you smile! :)


 This is my lovely fair freckled Hortence coming home from the store with me! lol She is one of a dozen in my collection, which is always growing!

Do you eat while you read? 
It all sort of depends. I don't typically sit down for a meal and read while I eat. Unless I'm at work on my lunch break and there is no one interesting for me to talk to. haha In the evenings I typically have a cup of hot tea and a scone or some type of sweet while I read. I used to drink Strawberry Vanilla Limeade's from Sonic while reading. They are my addiction but there was an unfortuante incident with a stack of arcs, and let me tell you, red does NOT come out! So I now keep drinks a good 2 feet away from books at all times!

What characteristics should a book have to be on your TBR? 
Not sure that I have anything specific. If a book hooks me it does! I like original story plots. Twist and turns that I don't see coming. A good main character that I can believe in and route for! I love for a book to get my attention early on and keep it. As well as a book that moves at a good steady pace. 


What are your favorite TV shows or movies recently? 
Oh my gosh! You totally just opened up a can of worms with that one. haha My latest guilty pleasure is Jersey Shore. My bestie recently got me hooked on it. haha I do like some reality tv . I am a HUGE fan of mystery type shows. My faves are Psych, Monk, Rizzoli and Isles, The Closer, and Bones. I also love Gossip Girl, Glee, Smash, and pretty much any show on ABC family. I LOVE Switched at Birth, State of Georgia, Pretty Little Liars. I could go on and on. My favorite movie of all time is Breakfast at Tiffany's. Audrey Hepburn is my favorite actress ever! 

Have you ever read a book that made you hate the day Gutenberg created the press? 
I've read books I didn't like but nothing that I felt that strongly against. People have different tastes, if a book isn't for me that doesn't mean someone else won't love it! I don't think I could ever hate a book. They each have a special home in soemone's life!

What ways can you recommend for people to have access to great new books?
If you're a blogger, NetGalley.  E-readers are a great way to get books as soon as they are released without having to make a trip to the store or hunt them down. Going to your local library is always fun and so is borrowing and/or trading books with a friend. That is the BEST!

What's the worst way to be interrupted so you have to stop reading your book? 
Ugh that would be by telemarketers! It really makes me angry! Especially because they are always the ones that call and don't say anything for 2 minutes and then finally speak. Or they call but its a pre recorded message asking you to hold, I'm like umm...excuse me, YOU called ME!

Come on, fess up. Do you judge a book by its cover? 
Heck yes I do! lol I am a total cover whore! A great cover is what compells me to read a book. If I don't like the cover I usually don't even pick it up to read the synopsis much less read the book itself. Bad habbit I know =/

Paranormal or fantasy? 
They are both amazing. I guess it just depends on my mood. 

What do you do when you aren't reading or blogging? 

Does this answer your question? haha

Lately sleeping! haha I just can't seem to get enough. haha When I'm not blogging or reading, I'm cooking, working, spending time with friends and family. Attending book signings and events. Watching movies and catching up on my tv shows. And lots of crafting! I can crochet like an energizer bunny on a gallon of expresso! lol I also love to cross stitch, knit altho I'm quite slow at it. I love making braclette's out of hemp cord and have been making lots of those lately! I also have a great knack for making cupcake pin cushions that are adorable! Oh and I love to paint my nails and try new designs! :) 

How many books can you read in a week? 
I'm a slow reader. I typically read 2 books a week. 3 if it's a good week for me. Right now I am only able to manage one book a week but hopefully soon I will be back to my normal self!

Thanks for tagging me Jen! I had a blast reading your answers and coming up with my own! :)

2 comments :

  1. Love your answers! I wish I could sleep more. I love to sleep more than anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! I can't believe you forgot Once Upon A Time!! *gasp* I love making bracelets and stuff too. I made a bunch of Harry Potter house color bracelets for friends. I have to have tea or coffee (or occasionally wine) when I am reading. I haven't had any accidents so far *crosses fingers* I also need snacks. Usually puffcorn. I love that stuff. The butter kind is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website