latest comments

Nail Your Books (4)

Tuesday, June 19, 2012


Nail Your Books is an original feature that I created to show off off some awesome book related nail ideas! It can be anything from a book inspired design to a really cute matching nail polish. This feature combines my love of both books and nail polish. Some people match their nails to their outfit, I match mine to my books!


My Life in Black and White


Hello Lovelies!

This week's edition of Nail Your Books was inspired by My Life In Black and White by Natasha Friend. This book caught my eye with the unique and gorgeous cover. So of course I had to do an amazing mani to match this epic cover!


The Supplies



Seche Clear, Crystal Clear Base Coat
Essie polish in Marshmallow
Konad Stamping Polish in Black
Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Nail Stamper (any brand will do!)
Konad Nail Stamping Plate #M73


As always you want to make sure you start out with a good clear base coat to protect your nails. Then apply your white polish. I used Essie ( my fave!!!) in Marshmallow. I just purchased this polish, and it wasn't quite as opaque as I was hoping it would be, so I had to use 2 coats of it here. After this dries, the fun begins!

I have been debating about buying a nail stamper for a few months now. And I am so glad I finally bought one! For those of you not sure of what a nail stamper is, or does, let me explain. A nail stamper gives you cute nail designs with no fuss! You simply apply polish to the stamping image plate, scrape off the excess polish, use your stamper to stamp the image. The polish image transfers to the stamper, you then stamp your finger and voila! You are done!

I am no stamper pro, but I have heard Konad is the best stamper on the market. I am a huge fan of MASH products so after reading reviews that it was just as good as Konad at a fraction of the cost, I invested in it. I am so glad I did! At only $4.99 on amazon it was a steal! So back to the mani...

After your coat of white polish dries thoroughly, you can begin to stamp. For this particular mani you will want to use Konad's image plate in M73. You then apply Konad's stamping polish in black to the image, scrape off the excess polish. Stamp the image with your stamper, once the image has transferred to the stamper, stamp your nail. The image should transfer to your nail with no trouble. Finish off with a good top coat and flaunt your new snazzy nails!


This mani turned out beautifully! I love how it perfectly fits in with the story. The main character Lexi, who is gorgeous, get's into a car wreck and her face goes through the windshield. Changing her life forever! I really love how this looks like shatter glass, and it mirrors the black and white shattered images on the cover perfectly! I adored this mani and got quite a few compliments on it. 

So what do you think of my book inspired mani? Will you be trying this one out? I'd love to know! So make sure you leave me some comment love and don't forget to stop back by on Thursday for my review of My Life In Black and White.



Happy Reading!

5 comments :

  1. Wow! That's amazing! I'd love to give it a go :D Also, the book sounds interesting too... Might have to try and get my hands on that also..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome! I've never even heard of nail stamping before! I recently started doing a post on my blog called Mad About Nails where I post what I'm wearing atm (I'm about three filmed videos behind...), but I've never done it with books. I love your creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those!! They look awesome chick!!! Glad that the nail stamper worked out well for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter has a nail stamping device but I'm terrible at it, lol. She's 8 & does a better job than me:( But matching love polish to books? LOVE it!!! What a cool new way to encourage reading among girls:)Sell them in a set . . .you may be onto something HUGE here~cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look amazing! I've never used a nail stamper before, but it looks pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website