latest comments

Nail Your Books (3)

Monday, June 4, 2012


Nail Your Books is an original feature that I created to show off off some awesome book related nail ideas! It can be anything from a book inspired design to a really cute matching nail polish. This feature combines my love of both books and nail polish. Some people match their nails to their outfit, I match mine to my books!


Lies Beneath (Lies Beneath #1)


Hello Lovelies!

This week's edition of Nail Your Books was inspired by Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown. This was my first mermaid/merman book and it totally captivated me! Just look at the gorgeous cover!

The Supplies

Seche Clear, Crystal Clear Base Coat
Elle Nail Lacquer in Seaside Chic
Sinful Colors in Nail Junkie
Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Make sure you start with a good base coat. It will help your mani last longer, plus, it keeps darker colors from bleeding onto your nails! Then once this dries the fun starts! Paint one to two coats of Seaside Chic onto your nails. This is a new polish line by Elle and  its sold exclusively at Kohl's. They have loads of fabulous colors, I've already bought 4 and want so many more!!! After you let this coat dry, apply Sinful Colors in Nail Junkie. You can snag this at Wal-green's for $1.99! And if you watch for sales, you get this for 99 cents! Nail Junkie is a pretty dense glitter polish, so you only need to apply one coat of this. Once this dries, apply a good top coat to seal it all in. And voila!



Pictures do not do this one justice! The combo of the two polishes is stunning! The top coat really catches the light, and sparkles, just like the ocean. I got many compliments on this mani and I for sure will be wearing it again!



This one perfectly matches the cover to Lies Beneath, which is gorgeous! The light totally plays off of the glitter polish and sparkles just like the cover of this incredible novel! 

So what do you think of my book inspired mani? Will you be trying this one out? I'd love to know! So make sure you leave me some comment love and don't forget to stop back by tomorrow for my review on Lies Beneath.

Happy Reading!

4 comments :

  1. Those nails are gorgeous! Am definitely going to have to try this at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those!! They look fabulous chick!! I still need to read Lies Beneath...so many books lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I will have to try this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a book signing event tonight and a little girl came up who had seen your post and done the Lies Beneath nails! I took a picture, but I can't figure out how to post it here…(rats)…so I'll Tweet it! So Cute!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website