latest comments

Review: Secret Letters

Monday, June 25, 2012


Secret Letters by Leah Scheier
Release Date: June 26, 2012
Publisher: Hyperion
Pages: 336
Buy The Book: Amazon


Secret Letters
Inquisitive and observant, Dora dreams of escaping her aristocratic country life to solve mysteries alongside Sherlock Holmes. So when she learns that the legendary detective might be her biological father, Dora jumps on the opportunity to travel to London and enlist his help in solving the mystery of her cousin's ransomed love letters. But Dora arrives in London to devastating news: Sherlock Holmes is dead. Her dreams dashed, Dora is left to rely on her wits--and the assistance of an attractive yet enigmatic young detective--to save her cousin's reputation and help rescue a kidnapped heiress along the way.


Steeped in Victorian atmosphere and intrigue, this gripping novel heralds the arrival of a fresh new voice in young adult literature.

I love a good who done it! Add in the fact that this book takes place in the victorian era, and you have a total recipe for success! I absolutely adored this book. It is as cute as it is cunning. It was such a cute and fun read, and I adored every minute of it! If your a fan of  Nancy Drew books, you will love this one!

Dora has some crazy detective skills and an eye for detail. She is plucky,  full of life, adventure, and just a tad bit nosey! She is also a bit midguided at times, and totally accident prone. Her character had me laughing out loud, and smiling the entire way through the book! She was a very entertaining main character, and I adored reading about her adventures and wild antics!

I thought the story was very well done. It was a really refreshing read for me. Well paced, and easy to read. It was full of heart, mystery, lively character's and witty banter. I was sad when the story ended and I am really hoping that there will be a follow up to this! I'd love to read more about Dora and find out what other adventures she gets herself into.

Overall, this was a really fun read and I really enjoyed it. I highly recommend this one! Despite her lineage, Dora is a character all her own!

5 comments :

  1. This sounds like a fun read read. It has been a while since I've read a good mystery

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this book, but it sounds great!! I am a big Nancy Drew fan, so the mention of that makes me want to read this. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am intrigued! I'm a Sherlock Holmes fan AND a YA fan, so this seems right up my alley. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have loved a good mystery! I can't wait to read this book! It ounds amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at 'accident prone', lol! I love when the MC is all klutzy and I can relate to them so easily! This sounds like a really good one! It's on my list, can't wait :)
    Thanks for a great review!!!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website