latest comments

Waiting On Wednesday (25)

Wednesday, June 6, 2012



"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 


Lucid by Adrienne Stoltz and Ron Bass

Lucid

What if you could dream your way into a different life? What if you could choose to live that life forever?

Sloane and Maggie have never met. Sloane is a straight-A student with a big and loving family. Maggie lives a glamorously independent life as an up-and-coming actress in New York. The two girls couldn't be more different--except for one thing. They share a secret that they can't tell a soul. At night, they dream that they're each other.

The deeper they're pulled into the promise of their own lives, the more their worlds begin to blur dangerously together. Before long, Sloane and Maggie can no longer tell which life is real and which is just a dream. They realize that eventually they will have to choose one life to wake up to, or risk spiraling into insanity. But that means giving up one world, one love, and one self, forever.

This is a dazzling debut that will steal readers' hearts.

I am so excited for this book it is ridonkulous! Seriously! I am a HUGE fan of that tv show Awake and I am devastated that they cancelled it! Anyone else? Your furious too right?!?!? I know you are!

Anyways... I am sad that there won't be anymore Awake in my life. *sniff sniff* But I am hoping Lucid can fill the void. It sounds epic! And totally gorgeous cover! Can't wait to snag a copy of this when it comes out October 22nd!

What books are you looking forward to? Leave me a comment, I'd love to know!

12 comments :

  1. This one sounds awesome! Plus, how can you argue with a purple cover? I adore purple, haha. This book has had like one or two cover changes hasn't it? I vaguely remember a cover with the girl sort of drifting through the air.

    Anyways, great pick! I hope you love it when you get to reading it :)

    My Waiting on Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? Wow! I don't remember the first cover. Shows how much I pay attention. haha BUt I LOVE this cover! I am a huge purple fan too! In fact my room is purple. hehe Can't wait for this to come out!!

      Delete
  2. Yes great pick! Definitely waiting for this. I'm just going to double check that it is on my to-read list (:

    - Kim
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe Get it on there girl! lol Mark the date on your calendar too!

      Delete
  3. Great pick! This one definitely sounds interesting, I love this concept of dream live and alternate realities. And I never realized it, but it is similar to Awake! I didn't watch the show, but my mom LOVED it and she shares your disappointment in its cancellation haha.

    My WoW | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh!!! *beats head against desk* WHY???? WHY??? Did they cancel Awake??? Agh!!! Anyways...yes..this book will hopefully satisfy all of my alternative worlds/crazy dream/ parallel universe/and the kitchen sink stories. hehe If not...I'll just start watching Fringe again! :p

      Delete
  4. Definitely excited for this one, too! It sounds great, and I've always been interested in how lucid dreaming works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I totally didn't even realize Lucid Dreaming was real. Bahaha I thought it was made up for the purpose of this book. I guess I know what I'll be doing tonight. Googling "lucid dreaming" haha

      Delete
  5. Great pick! This one looks great!
    My wow here: http://bookhavenextraordinaire.blogspot.com/2012/06/hyperventilating-on-wednesday-defiance.html

    Inky @ Book Haven Ex.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really looking forward to it as well. It sounds so intriguing! Great pick!!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website