latest comments

Review: Just Flirt

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Just Flirt by Laura Bowers
Release Date: June 19, 2012
Publisher:  Farrar, Straus and Giroux
Pages: 325
Buy The Book: Amazon

Just Flirt
It’s summer, sweet summer! Self-proclaimed Superflirt Dee Barton can’t wait to spend it practicing her Nine Rules of Flirting on all the cute guys who come to stay at her family’s campground. Why not? Flirting is fun and makes everyone involved feel good—which is pretty much the exact opposite of her relationship with her toxic ex-boyfriend, Blaine.

Sabrina Owens’s summer plans include keeping her over-the-top karaoke DJ mother in check, maintaining her status as the queen of the popular crowd—and being the perfect girlfriend to Blaine. Both girls see each other as the enemy. But when a secret blog embroils them in a frivolous lawsuit, they must team up and embark on a risky, flirt-filled plot to set things right again…and maybe prove they’re not so different after all.

Laura Bowers’s new novel is a heartfelt and hilarious story of friendship, family…and flirting!

This book sounded like a really cute summer read, and that is exactly what it is! It was cute, fun and exactly what I needed to bring me into summer! Bring on bikini's, snow cones, cute boys and let the games (ahem!) I mean flirting, begin!

One of the things I loved most about this book were the fun loving characters. The story takes place on The Barton Family's Campground. Now that Dee's father has passed away, it's up to her and her mother to make things work. There are quite a few quirky characters at the campsite and I adored them!

The main character Dee, was a lovable character. She's a dedicated daughter, friend and superflirt! After a relationship that ended sour, and an embarrassing experience, Dee has vowed to never fall in love again! She becomes an expert at fun, and harmless flirting. But all of Dee's harmless fun may just get her in more trouble than she ever dreamed of!

All in all, I really loved this book! I smiled, I laughed, and I gasped. It was a well written, fun and flirty book that would be a great addition to any girl's beach bag this summer!

2 comments :

  1. This does sound like a cute fun read for summer!! Great review hon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh this book sounds cute and the cover cannot be any more adorable :)) I haven#t seen it before so thanks!!

    Btw, thanks for stopping by earlier, love your blog! and .. I am especially in love with the rating!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website