latest comments

Waiting on Wednesday (26)

Wednesday, June 20, 2012



"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 


The Turning by Francine Prose

The Turning

Jack is babysitting for the summer on an isolated island with no Wi-Fi, no cell service, and no one else around but a housekeeper and two very peculiar children. He immediately senses something sinister-and it's not just the creepy black house he's living in. Soon he is feeling terribly isolated and alone, but then he discovers there are others. The problem is, he's the only who can see them. As secrets are revealed and darker truths surface, Jack desperately struggles to maintain a grip on reality. He knows what he sees, and he isn't crazy…Or is he?

Where does reality end and insanity begin? The Turn of the Screw reinvented for modern-day teens, by National Book Award finalist Francine Prose.

Who's excited for this?? I'm EXCITED!!! This book sounds phenominal!!! Seriously! This makes me want to turn out the lights, grab my flash light and hide under the covers with this book. In fact, if I get my hands on a copy of it, I just may do that! Look for this in a bookstore near you on September 25th!  

What books are you looking forward to? I'd love to know so leave me a comment!

Happy Reading!

7 comments :

  1. Oh wow! That sounds amazing! I really think I'll have to add that to my 'to read' and 'wishlist' list! Thank you for sharing!

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! This one sounds absolutely awesome!! I love creepy books!! I was going to use this for my WOW a few weeks ago, but then I decided on something else instead lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anxiously waiting for this one! September seems sooo far away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Waiting ON Wednesday idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. eeep! This sounds like a book that I would hide in my freezer, lol! Might be a bit too spooky for this chicken... I look forward to seeing what you think about it first ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy moley, batman. The Turning definitely gets the award for spookiest cover ever in my book. If the cover is any indication, I may be sleeping with the lights on for a couple of weeks after this one. Thanks for WOWing this one. I hadn't heard a thing about this one, and I am so glad that I have now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds so awesome. Just added it to my TBR. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website