latest comments

2012 YA Contemporary Challenge

Sunday, December 4, 2011


Hey Guys!

My friend Angela from the Reading Angel is co-hosting the YA Contemporary challenge this year. Since I love her blog, AND contemporary books, I of course had to sign up. And you should too! So head on over and do that now!

Are you signed up yet? Ok, good!

There are diffrent levels you can choose for the challenge.
Level 1: 5+ books. Level 2: 10+ books and Level 3: 15+ books

I chose Level 3 and my goal is going to be to read 2 contemporary books a month. Hopefully I can do it! If not, I will have fun trying! So now on to my list of books!

1. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
super excited about this one! Eeek!
2. The Darlings in Love by Melissa Kantor
this is book 2 in the series, I read book 1 and didn't like it much. So I was hoping I would like the second a lot better, and I already have an eARC of it from netgalley so I'm all set!
3.Supergirl Mixtapes by Meagan Brothers
When I saw this on NetGalley I just about Squeed in my pants! lol I LOVE the cover and had to download it immediately so I am super excited that this one goes toward my goal!
4.This One Time With Julia by David Lampson
5. Thou Shalt Not Road Trip by Antony John
I've read great reviews on this one and am really looking forward to it!
6. The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour
I am obsessed with this book and trying to get my hands on a copy! lol Ugh its killing me! So if some really awesome person has a copy they want to lend me, you know what to do! lol
7. The Queen of Kentucky by Alicia Whitacker
I got this book about a month ago so its sitting there on my TBR shelf looking lovely!
8. The List by Siobhan Vivian
9. The Fine Art of Truth or Dare by Melissa Jenson
10. Flirting in Italian by Lauren Henderson
11. Fracture by Megan Miranda
12. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
13. The Summer My Life Began by Shannon Greenland
14. My Life in Black and White by Natasha Friend
15. The Stalker Chronicles by Carely Moore

It was honestly hard to keep my list down to 15 and I am thinking I will probably wind up reading a lot more than 15 of them throughout the year. You can go check out the list of books that you can read that will count towards the challenge. There are a lot of amazing books on there so you may as well sign up! If your like me, you'll be reading them anyways! 2012 YA Contemporary Challenge Books List

If you signed up for this challenge, leave me a comment and let me know! I'd love to know what books your reading. Or even if you didn't sign up, let me know what 2012 Contemporary books  you are looking forward to reading the most!

Happy Reading!
XOXOXO

5 comments :

  1. Sounds fun! I think I picked my challenges that I'm participating for 2012! But there are so many good ones! Good luck!

    bookluvrmindy
    Magical Urban Fantasy Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy- There really are sooo many! I wound up with 4 and I only intended on 2 at the most. LOL Oh well! HopefullY I can accomplish it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fun. I am doing 2 challenges. I don't really read a lot of contemporary, but am trying to read more of them. Good luck with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to reading Isla and the Happily Ever After and The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lecea- Me tooo!!! Especially Statistical Probability. It just sounds so cute and romantic!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website