latest comments

Lynn Weingarten Author Interview

Monday, December 19, 2011



I recently recieved a copy of The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers by Lynn Weingarten for review and was completely blown away by her amazingly stunning book!

I was so thrilled to be able to do an author interview with her, that I totally couldn't even sleep that night! This is my first author interview, and I am super excited about it! So now on to the interview!


I absolutely loved the plot of the story! Where did you come up with such a unique idea for your book?
Thank you so much! My original inspiration came from a non-fiction guide to picking up women. In the book, groups of guys would go out and hit on women together, using specific tactics and tricks. It was a very interesting read and got me thinking how fun it would be to write a book about a group of girls who did the same thing.

I’m actually not really sure where the rest of the idea came from to be honest! Brainstorming is a funny thing, and one minute you’re sitting there eating too many Skittles and wondering if anyone would buy a book with an edible candy cover and the next minute you have your book idea.


(Sounds like a really ineresting book, and just for the record I would totally buy a book with an edible candy cover!)

In your book Olivia tells Lucy the world is made up of heartbreakers and the heartbroken.  When you were in highschool, which category did you fall under?

Both.


If there was a Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers when you were in highschool, would you have joined?

I would have felt way too guilty to do that!


They way The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers ended, there is definitely room to do more with the story if you chose. Will there be a sequel in the future? ( please oh please!)
There will indeed a sequel and it will be out at the end of 2012. I’m currently in the process of revising it and also trying to think of a title. So if anyone has any suggestions . . .



Squeeeeee! Oh, excuse me. *ahem*

In your book, Lucy has an amazing set of pipes. Can you sing and what are some of your favorite artist's to listen to?
I can carry a tune, but definitely don’t sing as well as Lucy. I do tend to sing a lot just while I’m walking around doing stuff, in the apartment, cooking, etc. I will pick one song and sing it constantly until my boyfriend goes crazy, and then I will pick a another one. I am currently singing the song “Walking in the Air” from The Snowman. It’s festive!

As for what I like to listen to: it totally depends on my mood but lately I’ve been putting on a lot of Florence + the Machine, Cathy Davey and Adele.


(I just discovered Florence + the Machine and I am totally addicted! )

Also, Amazon asked me to make a Heartbreak playlist for The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers Amazon page and that should be up very soon in case anyone is curios to see it.

(Oooh, I will definately check that out!)


The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers is definately one of my all time favorite books! What are some of your favorite novels?
Thank you so much!! Some of my favorite authors are: Tom Robbins, Jane Austen, J.K. Rowling, Jennifer Egan, Alice Munro and Lucy Ellmann. And my favorite novels are anything by any of them!

Thank you so much to Lynn Weingarten for stopping by my blog to do an interview and I can't wait to read the follow up to The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers! 

1 comment :

  1. Great interview. I agree candy book cover would be awesome. A little sticky though. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website