latest comments

2011 End of Year Survey

Saturday, December 31, 2011



I saw this survey on a bunch of the blogs I follow, so I thought I'd fill it out. :) Jamie over at The Perpetual Page-Turner created this survey last year, so it's now the 2nd annual END OF YEAR BOOK SURVEY! This is my first time participating, and if you want to participate in it, too, click on the links and go check it out for yourself, and don't forget to link-up your post. :)


1. Best Book You Read In 2011? 

Oh gosh! It's so hard to pick just one. I would have to say my favorite book in 2011 would be Carrier of The Mark by Leigh Fallon. It is AMAZING! If you haven't read it yet, you should!

2. Most Disappointing Book/Book You Wish You Loved More Than You Did?

*sigh* I know I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this one, but Shatter Me by Tahera Mafi. Yeah...umm, no comment. lol

3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2011?

Ohh...thats a good question! I love those books that suprise you and turn out totally amazing. Hmm...I think I would have to go with This Dark Endeavor by Kenneth Oppel. I was excited to read this because it was a pre Frankenstein story. Altho, I wasn't expecting to be blown away by it, and I totally was! I recently heard it has been optioned for film and I am so excited! It is gonna be AMAZING on the big screen!

4. Book you recommended to people most in 2011?

Jane by April Lindner I gushed about this book to everyone, and they loved it just as much as I did. AMAZING! Can't wait for her next book to come out!

5. Best series you discovered in 2011?

Well, most of my favorites were actually books in a trilogy. So, if I had to pick books from a series I would go with The Flapper series by Jillian Larkin and Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard. And yes, I am just NOW getting around to reading those! lol

6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2011?

Leigh Fallon, Angie Frazier, Jane Lindner, Kenneth Opel, Sarah Tregay, Lynn Weingarten, Jay Asher, Holly Cupolla, Wendy Wunder, Aly Condie, and Ransom Riggs!

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?

Matched was my first dystopian book. I was actually kind of scared to read it, haha But I LOVED it! And ever since have been hooked on dystopian. Fantasy books were another genre I was afraid to try, but its quickly becoming one of my favorites as well!

8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011?

There are actually several for me in this category. I'm gonna have to go with Everlasting by Angie Frazier, Miss Peregrin's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs, Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon and Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers by Lynn Weingarten

9. Book you most anticipated in 2011?

Hmm...not really sure. I hadn't really anticipated many this year. I didn't start blogging until the end of 2011. So I never really saw a book until it was in stores. Most likely it was a Nicholas Sparks book that I was anticipating. lol Since I started blogging...probably Love and Leftovers by Sarah Tregay

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2011?

Entwined by Heather Dixon. Absolutely GORGEOUS cover! Altho I didn't enjoy the book as much as I thought I would. 

11. Most memorable character in 2011? 

Oh gosh...another toss up for me on this one. But I think I'm gonna go with any and all characters in Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. Read it, its totally amazing, and you will understand this statement!

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2011?

Don't Breathe a Word by Holly Cupala enough said!

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2011? 

Emotionally, I'm gonna have to go with Stay by Deb Caletti

14. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2011 to finally read? 

PRETTY LITTLE LIARS!!! What is WRONG with me???

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2011? 

I am sooo bad about remembering actual quotes from books. So sadly I have nothing to put here. I promsie next year I will do better with this!

16. Book That You Read In 2011 That Would Be Most Likely To Reread In 2012? 

Everlasting by Angie Frazier. I already want to read it again!

17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers! 

Jane by April Lindner. Hands down! I remember talking to EVERYONE about this book. To the point where all my friends wanted to read it. lol So they would borrow it, and they loved it just as much as I did. They would text me as they were reading be like "OMG I can't believe he just did this!" lol It was amazing!

Book Blogging/Reading Life in 2011 (optional)

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2011? 

Oh goodness...SO many this year...Candace's Book Blog totally mesmerized me! 

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2010? 

I know a lot of people look back on their first review, and cringe. I actually LOVE my first review, and I absolutely LOVE that book! Still one of my all time faves! The False Princess of Eilis O'Neal

3. Best discussion you had on your blog? 

Hmm...quite a few actually. But I think I'm gonna go with Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers on this one

4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else's blog? 

Oh gosh, my brain is total mush right now. Can't think of a thing! Altho I'm sure tomorrow something will hit me. #facepalm

5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

I went to the Austin Teen Book Fest for the first time and had a blast! There were so many amazing authors there. My favorite book signing by far was Mauren Johnson. She is super funny and entertainment all on her own! Her books are awesome on top of that!

6. Best moment of book blogging in 2011?

My first giveaway! Signed copies of one of my favorite books, The False Princess provided by Egmont. My first author interview with Lynn Weingarten. TOTALLY blew me away! Her book was incredible and she was so nice and super sweet! Reading my first comment! haha I remember seeing I had a comment and totally expecting it to be from my mom, and it totally wasn't! And last but not least, reaching 100 followers. Still can't believe it! Made me very  happy and proud!

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

Hmm..not sure and I'm too tired to go look . lol Usually my highest commented posts are my IMM posts. lol Don't know what it is but yep

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

My review for This Dark Endeaver. I don't think it got any comments, which made me sad because it was sooo good! So go read it now! They are making it into a mooovvvieeee!!!

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

NetGalley! Eeek! LOVE them! Goodreads! *sigh* If I could buy stock in their site I think I would! lol 

10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

I didn't discover goodreads till halfway through the year. I did sign up for their reading challenge in June and set my goal for 40 books. I honestly wanted to read 100 books this year, but with half the year over it was impossible. Plus, I hadn't had a way to keep track of what I read before I discovered Goodreads. So I set my goal for 40, and am happy to say I read 51! YAY!!!

Looking Ahead... 

1. One Book You Didn't Get To In 2011 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2012?

Only one? haha There are really so many. I'm gonna say Delerium by Lauren Oliver


2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2012?

ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER!! 


3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2012?

Reading -- I am hoping to read 100 books in 2012. That would be a HUGE feat for me! Make a good dent in my tbr pile. I'd be happy with those two things!

Blogging -- I honestly have met some amazing people through my blog. And I am so happy and proud of all my work on it. The only thing at this point that would make me any happier than I already am is to just see more comments from my readers and have more of a discussion and banter with them. I'd love to do some author interviews in 2012 as well!

I had a total blast in 2011 and I hope you guys did too! I read some totally epic books and met some amazing people! Thank you so much an incredible year and I hope you all have an amazing 2012!

XOXOXO

2 comments :

  1. Great post! I'm definitely going to have to check out some of the books and authors that you mentioned. Thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower, Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait until we start to read the PLL together! We can do like joint reviews and stuff!! =)) Fun fun! I will re-read #4 so I can remember what is going on. Been over a year since I read it.=| So HURRRRRYYYYYY =))

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website