latest comments

ALA Day 3! The last and final day!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Hello lovelies!

Are your eyes bugging out from all the pictures from yesterday? Don't worry if they are, mine are doing the exact same thing! But, like, times a million! haha

The 4th day of ALA finally arrived, and it was my most anticipated day I had been waiting and waiting for! Why you ask? The last day is when the publishers give EVERYTHING away! They bring arc's to give out, but they always have a finished copy for display. Example, if a book is coming out in March, they have arcs to give out to the public and a finished copy to show. Which you can snag on the last day! :)

Instead of carting them all back, they gave them all away! Who can blame them? I personally would NOT want to take them all back either! Fortunately for me, they don't either!

Saturday I spent some time planning out my attak *coughs* I mean plan. I knew what time each publisher was going to start getting rid of everything and made my list of what I wanted. I dragged myself, and my roomies, out of bed promptly at 6! By 8:30 we were at the convention sight and in line waiting for the doors to open! Boy did we have an incredibly successful day! I can't wait to show you what I got. So let's get started!

First up are some arc's I was able to snag. I didn't think it was possible but I managed to get quite a few that I wasn't able to get on the other days!


I was most excited about Springsweet ( gorgeous cover!!! ) and slide!


These were gone FAST! I was bummed that I wasn't able to get a copy. I  met a sweet blogger named Rose who waited in line at the Harper Teen booth for the giveaway and gave me this! I was so excited I squealed and gave her a HUGE hug! 


Another beautiful arc that eluded me! It went fast and they were GONE by the time I arrived Saturday. One of the girls working there was so sweet, and told me they normally take the display of this one back with them but I could have it! Like a sweet heart she saved it for me! :)


These covers are both so gorgeous and I've been dying to read them both. I was able to get a finished copy of these! Eeek!


I was able to get the only finished copies of The Disenchantments and Born Wicked! Eeek! Look for these to hit the stores sometime next month. They are GORGEOUS!!!

I was so excited about the sequel to XVI and got the only finished copy! I also grabbed Unearthly, I meant to get a finished copy of Hallowed but I took the wrong one. haha I didn't have this one, and since it's the first in the series I think I made a really good mistake! haha



4 more finished copies!



So excited to finally get a finished copy of Ingenue to sit next to Vixen! I was suprised that they didn't have any of Diva, I was eager cover in person! But hopefully soon!



I snagged finished copies of Hourglass, Legend, Timeless and Shatter Me, as well as Born Wicked and The Disenchantments. But...you already knew that, didn't you?

I was so excited about getting a finished copy of this! There were no arcs made so this totally made my day! I started reading it on the ride home and it is AMAZING!!!
It comes out next month so make sure to check it out!



Since I was lucky enough to get an arc of The Savage Grace before I even left for ALA ( which I'm glad I did because they didn't have it there!) I wanted to get the first 2. I was able to get finished copies, so now they can sit and look beautiful on the shelf next to my signed copy of Savage Grace! :)



A couple more finished copies. I LOVED Stay and I have the first Siren book, so of course I needed the second!

As I was making this post I realized I am missing a couple of bags I got today. I didn't unpack everything, so it seems I left a few of today's bags in the car. lol So those are missing for now, but they will be in the ALA IMM, which will be later this week, and obviously, very, very long!

It was finally time to go home, after another long and extremely successful day at ALA! As much as I loved the convention, I was exhausted, and sore from head to toe, and to be honest, ready for my very own bed!
We made our way to the car with the day's loot, and desperately tried to make everything fit! Keep in mind there were 3 of us, so between us all we had a LOT of stuff! Needless to say most of my stuff had to ride in the car beside me!


My new backseat roadtrip buddies were amazing and kept me entertained for the 6 hour drive home!

As much fun as I had, I am so glad to FINALLY be back home. I had a BLAST at ALA Mid Winter 2012. I met some really great people, and had a fantastic time!

I hope you all had a fabulous Monday!

XOXO








4 comments :

  1. WOW! some AMAZING books! and so many are finished hard backs!! ooh i can't wait for pandemonium, the disenchantments, Slide, and Grave Mercy!!!

    I have a feeling those books are going to last you a lifetime!!

    - juhina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul hon!! OMG!! Slide and Pandemonium!! And Born Wicked!! Dying over here haha. So glad you had so much fun and got lots of great books. I am looking forward to your really long and awesome ALA IMM!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *does* the Future of Us? The Disenchantments? *dies again* gimmie gimmie!! These are one's I wanted FOREVER since I found out about them. Shatter Me & Unearthly look good also:D

    I hope you enjoy:D:D

    Racquel @ The Book Barbies♥
    -thank you&come again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy books Batman! Wow...I'm so jealous lol. I have almost all of those books on my wish list, you're so lucky! I'm so glad you had a great time.

    Just stumbled across your blog and I love it! I'm your 200th follower. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website