latest comments

Waiting On Wednesday (6)

Wednesday, January 11, 2012



"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill atBreaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.




(BOOK TWO) After parting ways with her troubled mermaid tribe, Luce just wants to live peacefully on her own. But her tranquility doesn’t last long: she receives news that the tribe is on the verge of collapse and desperately needs her leadership. Anais, the tribe’s cruel queen, wants Luce dead. Dorian, the boy Luce broke mermaid law to save, is determined to make her pay for her part in the murder of his family. And while the mermaids cling to the idea that humans never suspect their existence, there are suddenly ominous signs to the contrary.

But when Luce and Dorian meet, they start to wonder if love can overpower the hatred they know they should feel for each other. Luce’s new friendship with an ancient renegade mermaid gives her hope that her kind might someday change its murderous ways. But how can Luce fulfill her rightful role as queen of the mermaids without sacrificing her forbidden romance with Dorian?

Waking Storms by Sarah Porter will be out July 3, 2012. What books are you eagerly awaiting? 

6 comments :

  1. I actually haven't read Lost Voices yet. I kept meaning to buy it, but then there was always something I wanted to read more. This book sounds really great though. I love mermaids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't read or even heard of the first book, i've only read one mermaid book and it was middle grade, but ariel has always been one of my favorite disney characters, so i think ill check this one out!!
    the cover is a bit dark isn't it though?

    - juhina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this cover! This looks like a book I want to be waiting for as well.


    Magical Urban Fantasy Reads
    bookluvrmindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the book review. I'll have to watch for it to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy- I haven't read the first either. I actually didn't even know about the first until I made this post. lol But now I MUST read it!

    Juhina- bahahaha! Maybe that's why we all love mermaid books so much! I blame it all on Ariel. hehe THe cover dark? Pssh are you crazy woman! It's GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE the cover!

    Minday- *sighs* I agree. I <3 this cover so much!

    Alice- Definately check it out when it comes out. I'm excited! Eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover to this! I haven't read the first book either, but I do like the sound of this series. I'm looking for a good mermaid book so maybe this will be it! Great pick. :)

    Sam @ Realm of Ficton

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website