latest comments

Around Town 1/17

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I've decided to make a new feature on the blog called Around Town. There are so many amazing events going on in Texas, but specifically the Houston area on a regular basis. As I find out about the events I will be posting them in an "Around Town" post for any fellow Texans, or anyone else who would like to come out and enjoy!

So let's get started! This week there are a LOT of amazing event's going on and I am so sad that I won't be able to make them all. I wish I could clone myself so I could be at them all, but alas, I can't.

First up on Friday January 20th John and Hank Green will be in Houston doing a signing with Blue Willow Bookshop. And here is the info on that, be sure to click on the link for more information.


Blue Willow Bookshop at Pasadena High School
206 South Shaver
Pasadena, TX

(281) 497-8675


On Saturday January 21st there are a whole bunch of awesome events going on, so you may have to prioritize.
John Green will be at the performing art' s center
Austin, TX – Saturday, January 21st – 7:00 PM
BookPeople at Westlake Community Performing Arts Center
4100 Westbank Drive
Austin, TX 78734


Jennifer Zeigler will be at Irving Publib

Teen Shiver will be at Barnes and Noble Lincoln Center in Dallas

And the one I am most disappointed about missing is the Eighth Annual Montgomery County Teen Book Festival. There are going to be lots of amazing authors there, including the extremely talented Gayle Forman ( Squeee!) Melody Carloson, Cinda Williams Chima, and many more! This will be held in the Woodlands and you can find more info on the event HERE

On Sunday January 22nd Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler will be at Blue Willow Bookshop co signing together! They areboth incredible authors and this is another event I am broken hearted about missing. So if your going to be in the area this weekend, go and check it out and squee a little for me! 

And last but not by all means, least, ALA Mid Winter will be held in Dallas this year! Eeek! It starts on Friday and ends on Monday. I will be there and having a blast! So I will be absent from my blog for a few days while I attend. You can click on the button bellow for more info on attending.



I hope you will be able to take advantage of some of the amazing events going on in Texas this weekend! 

And as always, until next time, Happy Reading!


XOXO

2 comments :

  1. Have lots of fun at ALA. Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I will! I am so exciting I'm already having trouble sleeping at nigh! haha That's terrible!!!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website