latest comments

April 2012 Wrap Up

Monday, April 30, 2012



Hello Lovelies~

It's time for another monthly wrap up! I can't believe we are already 5 months into this year! WOW! Time has really flown by!

I've been able to work on my blog goals for this year and am definitely making progress! I've been able to find more of a balance between personal life, work, and blogging. I've been able to read more, without neglecting other things. Yay!!!

Last month I started doing a comments contest each week, which I credit to my good friend Jen. She does this on her blog and it seemed like so much fun. The response has been incredible! And I have decided comments contest is here to stay!

For the month of April I read a total of 8 books and one novella. This is 2 more than last month, and I actually exceeded my goal of 8 books a month. Eeek! Definite proress! . I had a total of 19 posts, which included 7 review posts. While my posts are down from last month, my reviews are up so I couldn't be happier!  

Thank you to everyone who supports my blog, stops by to read my posts, and for your awesome comments which I adore! Hopefully May will bring some more fun and exciting things!

The Books
Elemental ( Elementals #0.5) by Brigid Kemmerer
7 Clues To Winning You by Kristin Walker
Gilt by Katherine Longshore
Take A Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg
Mister Death's Blue-Eyed Girls by Mary Downing Hahn
Keep Holding On by Susan Colasanti
Hemlock (Hemlock #1) by Kathleen Peacock
Lucy In The Sky by Anonymous
The Sweetest Spell by Suzanne Selfors
Miracle by Elizabeth Scott

The Challenges
  • I read 9 books towards my goal of 100 for the 2012 Goodreads Reading Challenge. Bringing me up to a total of 32 books for the year. I am 1 books behind and I plan on catching up and hopefully getting ahead in May!
  • I also read 3 books towards my goal for the 2012 YA Contempoary Challenge. Bringing my total to 13 books towards my goal of 15
  • I read 2 books towards my 2012 TBR Pile Challenge bringing me to a total of 7 books towards my goal of 24. I definitely need to step it up on the TBR books! But these review books are sooo distracting!
  • Last but not least, I read 2 books towards my 2012 Debut Author Challenge bring me to a total of 12 for the year!
Random Act's of Kindness
none


I went to the Houston Teen Book Con 2012 where there were some incredible authors! Sadly Lauren DeStefano cancelled last minute, but I still had an amazing time! There were so many amazing authors, and panels. And Michelle Zink totally made my day by her kind words and her awesome hugs! :)


I met some really amazing people at TLA 2012 and had a total blast!!! I promise at some point I will try to do a Vlog of all the awesome I got there, if my YouTube will ever work! I had a blast hanging out with some awesome bloggers, talking books, meeting publicists and authors. TLA 2012 ROCKED!

This month I also got some really amazing books from publishers and it totally made it an incredible month for me! And a HUGE thanks to HMH Publishing for hosting my Prom Theme Giveaway! It was so much fun and I enjoyed every minute of it!

So what are your goals for May?  Will you be attending any fun events? Planning an awesome vaction?  I'd love to know, so leave me a comment and let me know!


Happy Reading!

XoXo

2 comments :

  1. Wow great job this month!! I think I read 12 books. That seems to be about how many I have gotten in each month. I am going to try to step it up a bit by not getting so distracted by twitter all the time. And with most of the shows I watch coming to the end of the season that will give me more time too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try to read more this month - but I am not off to the best start! :(

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website