latest comments

Review: Take A Bow

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Take A Boy by Elizabeth Eulberg
Release Date: April 1, 2012
Publisher: Point
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 278
Format: ARC
Source: Own
Challenges: 2012 Goodreads Reading Challenge, 2012 YA Contemporary Challenge
Buy The Book: Amazon

 Take a Bow
From the fantastic author of The Lonely Hearts Club and Prom & Prejudice comes a story of all the drama and comedy of four friends who grow into themselves at a performing arts high school.

Emme, Sophie, Ethan, and Carter are seniors at a performing arts school, getting ready for their Senior Showcase recital, where the pressure is on to appeal to colleges, dance academies, and professionals in show business. For Sophie, a singer, it's been great to be friends with Emme, who composes songs for her, and to date Carter, soap opera heartthrob who gets plenty of press coverage. Emme and Ethan have been in a band together through all four years of school, but wonder if they could be more than just friends and bandmates. Carter has been acting since he was a baby, and isn't sure how to admit that he'd rather paint than perform. The Senior Showcase is going to make or break each of the four, in a funny, touching, spectacular finale that only Elizabeth Eulberg could perform.

I have always been secretly fascinated by the world of the performing arts. Those that can't perform, watch? Or something like that... Anyways a performing arts Young Adult book? I am totally in!

I honestly loved this book! I think even if I weren't such a fan of the performing arts scene, I'd still fall head over heels in love with it. It's such a captivating book you can't help but get totally sucked into the story and all of the character's. The story is told from the point of view of Emme, her best friend Sophie, Sophie's boyfriend and child actor star Carter and Emme's best guy friend Ethan. You'd think between their four stories as well as those of the other character's in the book you'd get totally flipped around. But each character had such a distinct story and style that it was never an issue.

I loved the main character Emme. She was someone I could totally identify with and she reminded me so much of myself! She's the kind of person you feel honored to know and proud to call your best friend. She will go to the moon and back for those she loves and puts everyone before herself and her own happiness. Sophie was the total opposite, but then again, what bestie's aren't? She is self centered, spoiled, and completely selfish. I often wondered what these two ever saw in each other. Then there's Carter, the heart throb actor who is dating Sophie, of course! He was breathtakingly fresh and totally unlike what you'd expect of a child star. He had soul, heart and depth and I loved finding out what made him tick as his layers were peeled away. Ethan was brooding, quiet, supportive and totally unexpected.

I loved the cast of character's and how they fed off of one another and supported each other. I loved the details of their day to day lives and routines. It was expressed so vividly I felt like I was there walking the halls of CPA and warming up my vocal chords. This book was seriously amazing! I couldn't put it down until I was finished and it literally took my breath away. It's about love, friendship, and finding yourself. The story of friendship and love was so beautiful and it had one of the most epic confessions of love I've ever read! It left me in tears, in a totally good way!

This book was fast paced, heartfelt and flawless from beginning to end. I think Elizabeth deserves a standing ovation for this one!


1 comment :

  1. This book sounds really good. I love performing arts too. I actually begged my mom to let me go to a local performing arts school when I was in high school, but she wouldn't let me. :( Great review. (I see that you did finish it last nigh, and reviewed. OMG what time did you go to bed lol!)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website