latest comments

Review: 7 Clues To Winning You

Thursday, April 5, 2012

7 Clues To Winning You by Kristina Walker
Release Date: April 26, 2012
Publisher: Razorbill
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 317
Format: ARC
Source: arc Tour
Challenges: 2012 Goodreads Reading Challenge, 2012 YA Contemporary Challenge
Buy The Book: Amazon

7 Clues to Winning You


When a humiliating picture of Blythe goes viral, she's instantly the target of ridicule at her new school. To salvage her reputation, Blythe teams up with Luke to win the Senior Scramble scavenger hunt. But Luke is an unlikely ally and potentially can't be trusted.

Perhaps it's his Shakespearean witticisms that reel Blythe in despite her better judgment . . . or maybe she just craves the thrill of the game. But as the hunt progresses, their relationship heats up. Soon their madcap mischief spirals out of control. Blythe is faced with arrest and expulsion, among other catastrophes - until Luke shows her what the Scramble (and love) is really about.




When I started reading this book I really didn't know what to expect. I thought the premise sounded really cute but I had no idea that I was going to love this book so much! This book is like, the perfect rom com! It reminded me in some ways of one of my fave movies, 10 Things I Hate About You. *sighs* ohhh that Heath Ledger. Anyways...enough drooling and back to the book! It's entertaining, laugh out loud funny, and the romance will make the tips of your toes curl up!

I really liked the main character Blythe. She suddenly feels like her whole world is changing, being moved to a new school, trying to make new friends. Even though it's not that far away, it's a world of a difference to her! I could totally identify with that. Because, when I was her age the exact same thing happened to me! Minus the embarassing nose picking picture. She starts to really resent her parents for it, especially her dad. And might I add, that if my dad were the principal at my new school, I'd have curled up and died on the spot! Okay, maybe not literally, but still! Blythe put on her very best "lady look" and kept going.

My favorite character's in the book were miss Franny and Miss Eulaili, those two old coots stole the show! They had me laughing so hard people stared at me like I was postal! I loved "the lady look". You know,  the one you put on when you don't want to let on how mad you are at the woman who just asked you if your pregnant when your not. You know what I'm talking about. Yeah, that one! Blythe and her mother are pro's at the "lady look" and I wish they'd teach me how to hone my lady look skills! I also really loved Luke, who gave Blythe a run for her money and quoted shakespeare. There was so much more to him than what meets the eye, and I loved finding out more as the layers were peeled away.

All in all I loved this book! It was the perfect escape that I needed. A wonderful blend of romance, comedy, high school hi-jinx's and so much  more!


5 comments :

  1. ooh it looks CUTE! I really want to read it now! haha I've had my experience using the lady look :P lol

    great review!!

    - juhina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know right! Now I know what to call it! hehe "the lady look!" You'd really enjoy it! If you read it let me know what you think!

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited to read this one! It's sitting on my night table, waiting for me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your gonna love it Jen! And your right, the author is amazing and so hillarious! I wish I had known about her long ago!

      Delete
  3. This sounds so light and fluffy and fun!! I absolutely love the movie 10 Things I Hate About You. Just you referencing that movie makes me so want to read this book right now!! Haha the lady look. I am pretty good at that actually.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website