latest comments

Waiting On Wednesday (19)

Wednesday, April 18, 2012


"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



Crewel (Crewel World #1) by Gennifer Albin

Crewel (The Crewel World, #1)


Incapable. Awkward. Artless.

That’s what the other girls whisper behind her back. But sixteen year-old Adelice Lewys has a secret: she wants to fail.

Gifted with the ability to weave time with matter, she’s exactly what the Guild is looking for, and in the world of Arras, being chosen as a Spinster is everything a girl could want. It means privilege, eternal beauty, and being something other than a secretary. It also means the power to embroider the very fabric of life. But if controlling what people eat, where they live and how many children they have is the price of having it all, Adelice isn’t interested.

Not that her feelings matter, because she slipped and wove a moment at testing, and they’re coming for her—tonight.
Now she has one hour to eat her mom’s overcooked pot roast. One hour to listen to her sister’s academy gossip and laugh at her Dad’s stupid jokes. One hour to pretend everything’s okay. And one hour to escape.

Because once you become a Spinster, there’s no turning back. 

I have been pining for this book for what feels like forever! I love the cover and the story sounds totally epic! I was beyond excited when I got a copy of this yesterday. I'd like to say that I will be patient and wait to read it, but who am I kidding? That is sooo not happening! Look for this one to hit stores near you on October 16th!

What books are you waiting for?

12 comments :

  1. OMG!!! I've been pining for this book for a long time too! I want it so badly. But I don't really get the cover though. Great pick!=D

    Drop by my WoW?
    http://tumblinginbooks.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-7-clues-to-winning-you-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I actually like the cover! haha I am having a hard time not tearing into my copy right this second. lol I'm trying to wait until closer to the release date but...I don't think I'm gonna make it! haha

      Delete
  2. I absolutely adore this cover, it's what's made me want this book for so long! The colours are stunning and I love how it seems like weaving time and moments. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the exact same way about the cover! I can't wait to read it!!! Eek!

      Delete
  3. oh oh yes! that cover, man once you see it you'll never forget it!!
    I can't wait to read it!! awesome pic ;)
    and yeay for you getting a copy!! :D

    - juhina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait! :) I just love all the pretty colors swirled together on the cover. It's gorgeous!

      Delete
  4. The blurb is a little confusing to me. But a beautiful cover and seems to really fit the weaving theme. Will wait for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was my WoW a few weeks ago! I am so pining for this book! It sounds really cool! SO awesome that you got a copy of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was beyond ecstatic to get it! I can't wait to read it and tell you all about it!

      Delete
  6. I want to read this so, so badly, and have since I heard about it! I just saw your button on Paige's blog and came over. Your header is really pretty and I like how clean your blog looks. I'll be stopping back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I always worry that my blog is too cluttered. It's a fear of mine. hahaha So glad you like it and I'm so glad you stopped by! :)

      Delete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website