latest comments

In My Mailbox (2)

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Ok so my IMM this week is 3 days late. I tried though, I really did! I recorded my video but it won't upload to YouTube. Something about it being too long... Yeah, I kinda like to talk. A LOT! lol So I guess I will have to do it the old fashioned way.

I'm really bummed about my video not working because that will make this week's IMM super long, which means I will probably have to cut out a lot of things I was really wanting to say. With that, I guess I better get started!

On Monday I went to the library. I go there quite often. haha I managed to restrain myself to just walking out with 3 books. So these were the 3 that I picked.

Ok so last Wednessday I went to the Blue Willow Book Shop. Which is amazing! The staff is super nice and friendly and the store is adorable! It reminded me of the book store in You've Got Mail! That night Maureen Johnson was coming to do a book signing. I have just about every Maureen Johnson book, literally! So I was so excited about this event! Blue Willow got special permission from Penguin to get The Name of the Star early, so that Maureen could sign copies of it at the signing. ( at the time the book was not out yet ) So I was able to buy a copy of the book, and Maureen signed it! Eeek! Also had her sign my copies of 13 Little Blue Envelopes, and The Last Little Blue Envelope while I was there. She also gave me a YA SAVES button! If you haven't met Maureen yet, then you seriously need to check her out on her book tour. She is crazy awesome!!! WHile I was there also picked up an autographed copy of Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter.

That same day I got a small package in the mail from Egmont. They sent me the False Princess bookmarks! Yay!!! I still haven't got the books in the mail yet, but they should be here soon!

Then Candace from http://www.candace'sbookblog.com/ sent me a copy of Eve by Anna Carey and some swag! Thank you Candace!!!

Then the books I bought from the http://www.bookclouseouts.com/ YA $1.49 book sale came in!

Then i went to the Austin Teen Book Festival which was INCREDIBLE! You can find info, see the 25 amazing authors who came, and see pictures at http://austinteenbookfestival.com/

From the Library
Karma by Cathy Ostlere - the cover is pink! Need I say more? lol It looked like it was written in verse so my head was screaming YAY!!! Although, after I got it home I realized it isn't written in verse, but isntead as a journal. I love books that are written diffrently, so still excited about it!
The Fitzosbornes In Exile by Michelle Cooper - The cover is awesome, and the story sounds really good! Looks like it'll be a good read.
The Allegra Biscotti Collection by Olivia Bennet - The cover is super cute! LOVE the color illustrations spread throughout the book, and its about FASHION! Eeek!

Blue Willow Book Shop
The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson  ( she was doing a book signing there and autographed it for me!!! At the time it hadn't been released yet so we were able to get our copies early. She also autographed my copies of 13 Envelopes and the Last Envelope)
Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter ( autographed)
YA SAVES ( swag from Maureen Johnson )

Bought from Book Closeouts's YA $1.49 book sale
Lady Macbeth's Daughter
Ophelia
Breathe My Name
Love, Meg
Heist Society
The Killer's Cousin
The Rules of Survival
Saving Juliet
Dramarama
Confessions of a Not IT Girl
TMI
The Expressologist
Secrets of my Hollywood Life: On Location
Tweenty Boy Summer
Secret of My Hollywood Life; Papparazi Princess
Confessions of a First Daughter
Secret Society

Austin Teen Book Festival
Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs ( autographed and tato and bookmarkers)
Every You, Every Me by David Levithan ( autographed)
Lola and the Boy Next Door ( autographed plus 7 bookmarks, one is autographed)
All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevlin ( autographed)

Also would like to mention that I have already lined up my book giveaway for October! It's another great one that you will be really excited about! I will probably be announcing it next week. I will tell you, for a hint go to the Austin Teen Book Festival's website and look at the list of authors who were there. One of the author's books will be my October giveaway. Yes, it will be autographed! So stay tuned!

3 comments :

  1. Busy week! I thought Karma was in verse, that's what it said in a review I read not long ago. Anyway, I heard it's amazing and I really want to read it!
    You found some amazing good deals on some awesome books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was too!!! At least it looked that way, but then when I got it home and read the flap it said it was told through a jornal? Idk...I'll find out when I start reading it lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok just double checked the book jacket. It IS told in verse! lol But in journal form. If that makes any sense! haha verse/journal book! Yippeee!!! Just got bumped to the top of my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website