latest comments

TBR Intervention Challenge (1)

Saturday, October 15, 2011

When I saw this challenge I was really excited about it! I have over 200 books in my TBR list! I am ashamed to admit that! lol So yes, I am in need of an intervention! Don't worry though, I don't own all the books on my TBR list! They are just books I've been wanting to read! So this is the perfect challenge!




TBR Intervention is a weekly challenge
hosted by Dani@RefractedLight , Ayanami@Whatever you Can Still Betray, and April@Books4Juliet


The goal of this challenge is to help each other (fellow readers and bloggers) manage our enormous and constantly growing TBR (To-Be-Read) List


When Clay Jenson plays the casette tapes he received in a mysterious package, he's surprised to hear the voice of dead classmate Hannah Baker. He's one of 13 people who receive Hannah's story, which details the circumstances that led to her suicide. Clay spends the rest of the day and long into the night listening to Hannah's voice and going to the locations she wants him to visit. The text alternates, sometimes quickly, between Hannah's voice (italicized) and Clay's thoughts as he listens to her words, which illuminate betrayals and secrets that demonstrate the consequences of even small actions. Hannah, herself, is not free from guilt, her own inaction having played a part in an accidental auto death and a rape. The message about how we treat one another, although sometimes heavy, makes for compelling reading. Give this to fans of Gail Giles psychological thrillers. Dobrez, Cindy


Why I picked this book? I picked Thirteen Reasons Why because I have had it sitting on my shelf for more than 6 months! I've heard so many good things about it and everytime I read the synopsis it sounds like a haunting story! I always wonder, why do I never get around to reading that one! So this week it is going to the top of my TBR list!

Have YOU read it yet? If so I'd love to know what you think! And don't forget to leave me a comment and let me know what you've bumped up to the top of your TBR list this week!

8 comments :

  1. You have a nice pick for TBRIC this week! I heard good things about this book so I hope you'll enjoy them too! I never had a chance to read it... I hope some day I could find the chance. There are lots on my pile, and I'm guilty of having a mountain (gathering dust) on my TBR list =) Good luck to us! I hope we all succeed in our reading... This would be a tough one, I guess =)

    Thank you for joining TBRIC today, it's a pleasure to have you in the event. Have a happy weekend!

    your new follower,
    april (books4juliet)

    ReplyDelete
  2. April- Thank you! I'm really excited about it! I needed the intervention! LOL Maybe by this time next year we will have made a considerable dent in our list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for coming over to my blog! I'm glad you liked it, I did design it myself =) I should join this challenge. My to be read list is the size of Mt. Everest! I have read Thirteen Reasons Why but it was so long ago I don't really remember much about it =/

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Amanda- I KNEW it! Its ADORABLE!!! You should definately join it! I'm hoping it will help me make a dent in mine as well! Are you participating in RAK this month? I noticed we have a LOT in common!!! lol If you are let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, this is also a book I've had that I've been meaning to read but didn't. Farah read it and she said it was weird but good. But I mean, it's gonna be sad! I'm going to cry and I can't handle it now! I'll wait for ur review because I haven't come across anyone who recently reviewed it so u might change my mind about it! Have fun reading it :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a super interesting premise for a book... and one that might require tissues. lol. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost, almost picked up this book but at that time I was not in the mood for such a heavy story. But I might, I might in the future. I hope you enjoy reading it and thank you for joining TBRIC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! this book looks really good, I don't know why I haven't heard anything about it!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Now, I;m adding to my own TBR list!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website