latest comments

The Strawberry Picker

Monday, October 17, 2011

The Strawberry Picker by Monika Feth
Relase Date: September 16, 2008
Publisher: Transworld Publishers
Age Group: YA
Format: Paperback
Source: Borrowed
Intrest: Muder Mystery
Challenge: 2011 Reading Challenge
Buy the Book: Amazon




Eighteen-year-old Jenna is sharing an apartment in Bröhl, Germany, with her friends Caro and Merle when a girl is killed nearby. The murder seems to have parallels with two other frightening crimes. Then one day Caro is found murdered—stabbed seven times and with her necklace missing, just like the other girls. At the funeral Jenna swears revenge in front of everybody, and in turn attracts the attention of Nat, a handsome and mysterious strawberry picker. With Jenna sidetracked by love, Merle sets about solving Caro’s murder herself. But as the answer dawns on her, another horrifying reality emerges.


I've had my eye on this book for quite a while. I always love a good murdery mystery! Monika Feth is a German author who has actually written quite a few novels. However, this is the only one that was printed in english. Which is sad, because now after reading this one I want to read more from her! I guess I will have to start learning German in my spare time!

The Strawberry Picker is about 3 best friends who share a flat in Germany. Jenna, Caro, and Merle. Merle is the fiesty one, Caro is the silent one with the mysterious boyfriend, and Jenna has a famous author for a mother!

The girls become concerned when they notice their best friend Caro starting to self harm again. She's been pulling away from her best friends, and is extremely secrative about her new boyfriend. Jenna and Merle become even more alarmed when Caro doesn't come home one night. Caro, has become the latest victum of a seriel killer!

The police investigating the murders seem to be getting nowhere with the case. At Caro's funeral Jenna vows to go after the killer herself! Merle and Jenna begin their own investigation into Caro's murder! Durring their investigation they learn a lot of things about their best friend that they didn't know! Who was this guy she was dating, and why did she keep so many secrets from them?

Jenna become the next target of the seriel killer, but will the police figure it out before its too late?

I thought the author did an amazing job setting up the story and the characters! Every character had its own distinct voice, which made it helpful because the story is told from each of their perspectives, including the killer! When it switched from one narrator to the next, there were no questions as to who was talking. It was scary how charismatic the killer was, you could almost see yourself or your own best friend falling for his charm and good looks. The story really flowed and kept progressing. Towards the end of the book I was literally biting my nails! I was on edge the entire time!

Next time your in the mood for a good murder mystery pick this one up! You won't be sorry!

1 comment :

  1. Ooh, a murder mystery? Love! And so hard to find in YA, for some reason (what, people don't like death?). Anyway, haven't heard of this one but it sounds great. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website