latest comments

Read-A-Thon Hour 16 Mini-Challenge: Rereading

Saturday, October 22, 2011

At this point in the Read-A-Thon Challenge, I am debating on whether or not to give up! Why you ask? Well...its not because I'm tired. Just because its one of those days/weeks/months where everything that can go wrong, DID!

I totally forgot I had signed up to participate in the Read-A-Thon so...I got a super late start! Like...13 hrs in. lol I had a blast starting it tho and was excited! At hour 15 I decided to go to my favorite reading spot. The bathtub! I turned the water on, filled the tub with my favorite bubble bath from bath and body works, turned on same candles and hopped in. I was getting really into my book, Carried of the Mark. My tub got to that perfectly full spot, and I reached over the bubbles to turn the water off, and the handle broke off in my hand. Yep! Thats right!

I jumped out, threw on clothes and ran for my dad before the entire bathroom flooded. Sad to say, I really broke it. As in, beyond repair and we had to shut the water off. I not only broke the handle off, I broke the little part inside the pipe that shuts the water off. So we literally had to shut the water off to get it to stop pouring out of the spout. *sigh*

So...I have in 3 hours read 102 of the 342 pages in my book. At this point, I'd be lucky to finish reading ONE book. So...I'm really debating calling the Read-A-Thon quits. I really don't want to, but...seriously? This girl just broke a shower!!! I'm thinking its time to grab a pint of ben and jerry's, pop in You've Got Mail and cry. Anyone else agree with me here???

Well...I'm still undecided. So I will say while participating in the 14th, 15th, and 16th hour of the Read-A-Thon I have LOVED it!! I learned how to do the starfish dance! I watched music videos of DollY Parton singing 9 to 5 while dancing with various Disney characters. And learned how to make an awesome oragami heart bookmarker!




So now onto the 16 hour Mini Challenge! Re-reading!

I doubt I will be able to make it through one book tonight, much less reread any books. SO here is my list of books that I could read over and over and over again!



First up, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. This has seriously got to be the most awesome book in existance! If you haven't read it yet, shame on you! You must do so, NOW! Yes, put down the bowl of popcorn, and run to the store right now and buy a copy!



Second on my list is, Impossible by Nancy Werlin. I honestly don't even have words for how incredible this book is! I read it a while back, but I really need to reread this one and do a blog post about it. This book deserves it! If you've never read it, while your out there, buying Miss Peregrine's, pick this one up too! If for no other reason than the cover is gorgeous! And...I said so!



My third pick is Jane by April Linder. This is another book I read before I started my blog, and its so good I need to go back and reread it and dedicate an entire blog entry to! This is a modern take on Jane. This book left me utterly speechles! I stayed up all night long and finished the book in one sitting! It was that GOOD! I talked about it so much, my friends all wanted to read it. So they would borrow it, and we'd text constantly going OMG Mr. Rochester just did this! OMG I know!!! His wife was totally locked upstairs the whole time!! This book got passed from friend, to friend to friend! And everyone LOVEd it! So again, BUY IT!! P.S. I have this habit, when I read books I sort of play the whole thing out in my head like a movie. Which is probably why I'm such a slow reader, anyhow..Johnny Depp totally got the part of the rockstar Mr. Rochester in my book! Soooo dreamy!!! So if you've read this book, who would you pick to play Mr. Rochester the rockstar?

Ok so, I could probably go on and on. But I will stop here. These are probably my 3 favorite books of all time! So if you havne't read them  yet, DO IT!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website