latest comments

Sneak Peak: This Dark Endeavor

Saturday, October 29, 2011



Hello Everyone!!!

I hope your all having a fantastical week! Mine has been amazing so far! I turned 26, which wasn't as bad as I thought. It turns out I didn't need the pint of Ben and Jerry's I had on standby. I got my free flu shot and pre-ordered a Kindle Fire! Eeeek! Thanks Pops! :)

I have to say I am loving the cooler weather, the dark and dreary days, changing of the leaves, etc. Bring on the boots, sweaters, and all things fall flavored!

I feel like a bit of a glutten today I had a Peppermint Hot Chocolate and a Sweet Potatoe baked pie from McDonalds! The only words needed are Yumm, and you have to try it! And then there was the Blue Bell Spiced Pumpkin Pecan ice cream ( insert look of pure content here) umm...pure heaven in a pint!

Ok so anyways, the purpose of this post was that I had intended to spend a bit of time talking about this awesome book This Dark Endeavor by Kenneth Oppel, on my IMM vlog. ( Which is uploading to YouTube right now btw) But...I sorta just rushed through it. And I really, really, REALLY want to tell you guys about it! It is the perfect read for this month! So make sure you check it out!

Here's a little bit about the book....




The purest intentions can stir up the darkest obsessions...

In this prequel to Mary Shelly's gothic classic, Frankenstein, sixteen year old Victor Frankenstein begins a dark journey that will change his life forever. Victor's twin, Konrad, has fallen ill, and no doctor can cure him. Unwilling to give up on his brother, Victor enlists his beautiful cousin Elizabeth and his best firiend, Henry, on a treacherous search for the ingregients to create the forbidden Elixir of Life. Impossible odds, dangerous alchemy, and a bitter love triangle threaten their quest at every turn.

Victor knows he must not fail. But his success depends on how far he is willing to push the boundaries of nature, sceince, and love- and how much he is willing to sacrafice!


There is a passion in you that scares me

I started reading this book today and it is awesome! So go check it out! It's a perfect read for this time of year! And don't forget to look for a review of it here on my blog very soon!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website