latest comments

The Hunger Games

Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Release Date: October 31, 208
Publisher: Scholastic
Age Group: YA
Pages: 374
Format: Paperback
Source: Own it baby!
Interest: Dystopian, YA
Challenge: 2012 Goodreads Reading Challenge
Buy the Book: Amazon



The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she is forced to represent her district in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that weigh survival against humanity and life against love.

The Hunger Games...*sighs* What can I say about this book that hasn't been said a hundred times? I know nothing I can say will do this book justice. But I sure am gonna try!

I have put off reading this book for so long. Typically books that have a lot of hype behind them, always fall flat for me. I guess maybe the book just doesn't live up to all the hype and then I'm left totally disappointed. I was terrified that would be the case with Hunger Games. But after my sister couldn't stop talking about it, I decicded to conquer my fears and give this book a try. All I can say is...WOW!

This book is totally amazing! I just finished it and am left utterly speechless. This book will forever go down in history as one of my favorite books of all time! If your like me, and have been putting this one off, do yourself a favor and go buy it right NOW! I promise you, you will not regret it!

The story itself is so unique, and totally engrossing. I literally could not put this book down. I had to tear myself away from it at 3 am because I had to get sleep before work. Suzanne Collins did such an incredible job in crafting this story. It was unique, heart breaking, full of twists and turns, action, romance, and everything you find in a perfect book.

The main character Katniss was a wonderful blend of a strong and fierce female with the weight of the world on her shoulders. She's strong and determined and she won't let anyone, or anything get in her way! She protects those she loves fiercely and will not apolgize to anyone for it! Gale was a wonderful best friend and Peeta, ohhhh Peeta. What can I say? I swoon at the sound of his name. He's so strong yet sweet and gentle at the same time. He has a heart of gold and loves with everything he has. I'm definitely team Peeta all the way baby!

I loved every second of this book. It was incredible and moving. I laughed, I cried, it warmed my heart and touched my soul. I can't wait to devour the rest of the series as soon as possible!


9 comments :

  1. Yay!!
    I was hesitant to read this book when it came out because the premise just sounded so awful. But I loved it too. Can't wait to see the movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I felt the exact same way! But when even my sister was captivated by it, I knew I had to give it a shot!

      Delete
  2. The same thing happened to me - I was putting it off, but my sister kept talking about it and pestering me to read it! I finally read it just to shut her up, lol! And then I had to admit, she was right! It's a great story! I adore Peeta!
    Now to find the time to read the next 2 books :)
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, okay I'll succumb to all the constant hype. If you liked it then I'm pretty darn sure I will too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! & fantastic series! I just saw the movie and it was amazing - one of the best book to screen adaptions, so true, and so committed to the fans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hon you are totally going to love the movie!! It is so friggin awesome!! I think they did an awesome job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot wait to see the movie! Going Sunday! =)
    I am so glad you loved the book. I know I DID. I could not move until I read every page! I was captivated with the beauty of the book!
    Great Review

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always try to avoid reading books that are very popular. Don't know why, but I just feel to stubborn to go and read them, but I only hear great things about it.. I think I must pursuade myself to just try it. I hope it will be the same as with Harry Potter (when it was a hype, I didn't want to read them, until I got a book for my birthday. I just decided to give it a try and since them, I'm a huuuugh obsessed fan.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review! I agree with everything! LOVED these books, read them about a year and a half ago, I think. Whenever Mockingjay came out.

    The movie was really good. One of the best book to screen adaptations I've seen. And just a great movie. I would say the best movie I've seen in a long time!

    New Follower
    http://juliababyjenreadingroom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About me

  • This blog is a little bit of everything!
  • Hi! My name is Cristina, I am 29 years old and from Texas! I love my bunnies, books and blogging about my favorite things!
My favorite scarf in the whole wide world! :) photo 10363858_10152526761926237_5252620513132971013_n.jpg

Cristina

Founder of the website